1.    #1  
    Went to bed last nite with 404 patches in preware, woke up this morning with 370. Also noticed that my battery % icon was missing. updated feeds with no luck, tried to remove the patch to reinstall and got a log error and it would not uninstall. I have done several resets, to no avail. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions. Thanks.
    try running emergency Memi Reset, I think that is the one. Can anyone else verify? It might be the Emergency reconstruction utility??

one of the two should do the trick, but I cannot say which one it is. proceed at your own risk.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Did you mean the EPR? Emergency Patch Removal, to remove all and start over?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    ok tried epr, it deleted all my installed patches. do i have to download the all individually?
    You can check your saved packages list in Preware, if it has the list saved, you can reinstall all at once.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I think you guys should have read the OP better? The OP was asking what happened to some of the Patches in PreWare not his device! I noticed the same thing today, and I came to the conclusion that the missing patches were in the unavailable list which now only shows 2 patches instead of the 40+ previously there.

Im not sure why it happened but it definitely did happen.

To the OP. Dont be so quick to jump on the first answer you get, some here throw out the EPR word way to quickly. There is no problem w/ EPR but there was no need for you to remove all patches when there was no issue w/ you device, whatever is going on w/ PreWare its server side.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    yes, wasn't sure if the missing patches were an isolated incident or not. I ended up reinstalling the patches successfully but am still showing only 370 patches in preware. thanks 2sslow for your confirmation. thanks to the rest of the group for you're quick responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I think you guys should have read the OP better? The OP was asking what happened to some of the Patches in PreWare not his device! I noticed the same thing today, and I came to the conclusion that the missing patches were in the unavailable list which now only shows 2 patches instead of the 40+ previously there.
    Yep, we removed all patches that had not been ported to 1.4.5 from the list.

If the author (or someone else) has not ported them to 1.4.5 by this time, then they are never going to be ported.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

If the author (or someone else) has not ported them to 1.4.5 by this time, then they are never going to be ported.

-- Rod
    One of the patches that was working perfectly until a few days ago was "Add Priority and Discard Btns". After I ran EPR and reinstalled it, it was listed as a place holder. Then today, it was totally removed. The problems is the patch was ported to 1.4.5 and was working perfectly. What happened?

Luckily, this patch can still be manually installed from this thread.
    Last edited by sjamie; 10/14/2010 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    One of the patches that was working perfectly until a few days ago was "Add Priority and Discard Btns". After I ran EPR and reinstalled it, it was listed as a place holder. Then today, it was totally removed. The problems is the patch was ported to 1.4.5 and was working perfectly. What happened?

Luckily, this patch can still be manually installed from this thread.
    See git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/blob - autopatch/email-add-priority-discard-btns/Makefile

It was never submitted for 1.4.5 according to the repository history - that can easily be rectified by the author now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Is there a list somewhere of which ones were removed?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)