1.    #1  
    Hi, I hope that someone can respond with a useful answer. I have been trying to get a number of short video files I have downloaded from YouTube, transferred to my Palm Pre from my PC. I managed to transfer the folder, but later when I checked the phone, I could not locate it on any of the phone's screens. While I have the phone hooked up to my PC as a USB drive I can view the file folder. After disconnecting I can't find the files on the phone. The video folder that came with the phone shows no files at all. I found a note on one of the forums which says that the phone software will not play material that is not compatible. How do I determine what are compatible files and get them to play? How do I determine where on the phone the folder ends up when I move them over from the PC? Do I need to get some type of player software loaded on the phone? I am not extremely tech savvy, so keeping the answer on the simplistic side would be useful. Thanks...Miguel Gonzalez, Pre owner
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    You can probably use Handbreak on PC or Mac (free) to convert the files into a format that will be recognized. I found selecting the iPod Touch format works great on the Pre.
    You will need to use a program like Handbreak (which is free and works very well) to convert the files into the proper format. The supported formats on the Palm Pre are MPEG-4, H.263 & H.264 which handbreak will be able to do (just use the ipod/iphone options while converting videos)

Edit: Ninjad by LateNiteWithJme... Damn haha
    Last edited by Mark.Funk; 10/13/2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I am to slow
    did you download them from within the yputube player on the phone?
    the video file must be a .mp4 (h.263 & h264) same as iphone or ipods use.. (not: .avi, .mpg, .mpeg) You need a video file converter (they're free) and convert the video file you have into the proper .mp4 video file