1.    #1  
    A while ago I sent an email about the free Pre Pluses from Palm, and I almost forgot about it its been so long. Well today I got a package in the mail, and inside was a brand new Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), complete packaging, all the accessories and stuff (yay, now I can I have a charger in my car at all times and another at home with my touchstone, plus a spare battery in my backpack..no more dead Pre in a long boring college class).
    Well, I have some questions. Mainly, should I use it for testing apps? I have the 2.0 SDK and 1.4.5, with the emulator. Or should I plus my Sprint Pre? (which I don't think I could do myself...complicated!).
    At any rate, how would I use this Pre Plus for testing apps? When I turn it on, I'm stucked on a forced screen which shows a diagram instructing me to put a sim card in (which I don't have).
    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Metadoctor it

Only Plus your Pre if you have a Pre Plus on Verizon that you're not using.
  3.    #4  
    ahh, but I need Ubuntu to metadoctor, which I do not have on my MacBook
    Hey vtboyarc,

Congrats!

I remember when that happened to me. It was wonderful!

To answer your questions:

First and foremost, if you want this device up and running ASAP, run this: Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

It will bypass the SIM check as well as First Use and let you play with the device. However, it will disable the phone radio entirely and you will not be able to use an AT&T SIM (eventually) with the device. To enable that functionality, you'll need to make a Meta-Doctor (as Sketch beat me to it).

I do, personally, STRONGLY suggest that if you're comfortable, go ahead and plus your Sprint Pre. You won't regret it!

Or... webOS World (via myself) is about to offer a service soon...

PM me for more instructions on how to get ummm "Ubuntu on your macbook pro..."
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey vtboyarc,

Congrats!

I remember when that happened to me. It was wonderful!

To answer your questions:

First and foremost, if you want this device up and running ASAP, run this: Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

It will bypass the SIM check as well as First Use and let you play with the device. However, it will disable the phone radio entirely and you will not be able to use an AT&T SIM (eventually) with the device. To enable that functionality, you'll need to make a Meta-Doctor (as Sketch beat me to it).

I do, personally, STRONGLY suggest that if you're comfortable, go ahead and plus your Sprint Pre. You won't regret it!

Or... webOS World (via myself) is about to offer a service soon...

PM me for more instructions on how to get ummm "Ubuntu on your macbook pro..."
    Thanks - I sent you a PM!
    Is it too late to send the emails out?