Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    My Volume was stuck all the way up at max so I read some posts and tried the paper under the buttons trick and it worked - kinda. The volume is no longer stuck at max BUT the volume up button doesn't work anymore. I must have dislodged something because when I press it, it does not feel "springy" like the volume down button.

    Does anyone know how to fix this because my Pre just went out of warranty 2 months ago and Sprint wants to charge me $119 to fix it

    Thanks...
  2. #2  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3. #3  
    there is a patch that puts volume in the device menu. It's called 'speaker phone'.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is a patch that puts volume in the device menu. It's called 'speaker phone'.
    thanks that works for now...

    For some strange reason, the volume got stuck at MAX again. I opened up the phone since it is out of warranty anyway and found that my volume up button is not "springie" because it is missing a super small silver "springie" thing (cap??). Not sure where to go to get one of those or what I can use as a substitute.

    Any suggestions??

    Thanks...
  5. #5  
    Does is still work if you press it with the tip of something blunt, like a pen?

    If so, then the 'thingy' has just been too compressed and a small piece of rubber band or eraser under the button might fix the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    My daughter had this problem just yesterday and I pulled off the back cover and removed battery and took a toothpick and gently (cant express that enough) probed under the volume up button to lift it a little...... replaced battery, restarted and voila, problem no more. Give it a try it might work as verwon said.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Does is still work if you press it with the tip of something blunt, like a pen?

    If so, then the 'thingy' has just been too compressed and a small piece of rubber band or eraser under the button might fix the problem.
    good idea... i will try it when i get home but i have a feeling it may need to be "metalic" since the one for the down volume is. maybe its purpose is to lift the button and complete a connection when compressed?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    My daughter had this problem just yesterday and I pulled off the back cover and removed battery and took a toothpick and gently (cant express that enough) probed under the volume up button to lift it a little...... replaced battery, restarted and voila, problem no more. Give it a try it might work as verwon said.
    Blindly sticking a piece of paper underneath and not seeing what was underneath was stupid of me. I wished I had opened it up and clean/lift to fix my problem. Because i was careless, i must have dislodged it and it fell somewhere
  9.    #9  
    Pre Vol Button.jpg

    I experimented a bit and it seems the little silver "cap" I dislodged and lost is dual-purpose. It springs the black volume up button back up when pressed and also completes the circuit and increases the volume on the pre. I tried a piece of aluminum foil and it does work but it does not spring back up, which means the volume increases to MAX and gets stuck at max, rendering the pre almost useless since i can't minimize apps unless I double click quickly.

Posting Permissions