Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Yesterday, my palm pre froze and after i restarted it the phone only stays in Phone Offline mode. It was fully functional other than not being able to make receive calls, or text or web or anything using the sprint service. However, when I contacted palm service they told me to run WebOS Doctor and after I did that now my phone is stuck in a Phone Error Page that reads "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved."

Has anyone ever seen this before ? I am pretty close to giving up on the phone.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    its model p100peww if that's what you're looking for. Do you think its fixable or should I just sell it for parts? Because going through palm it would cost twice as much to fix as what its worth.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentd24 View Post
    Hey guys,

Yesterday, my palm pre froze and after i restarted it the phone only stays in Phone Offline mode. It was fully functional other than not being able to make receive calls, or text or web or anything using the sprint service. However, when I contacted palm service they told me to run WebOS Doctor and after I did that now my phone is stuck in a Phone Error Page that reads "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved."

Has anyone ever seen this before ? I am pretty close to giving up on the phone.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm not sure if it'll help, especially since you've already tried WebOS Doctor, but I've read a number of accounts of people having the phone go into Offline Mode (and it's happened to me twice in a year and a half), and most times, from what I've seen and experienced, a simple battery pull did the trick.... Give it a try - you've got nothing to lose at this point. I would have suggested trying that BEFORE you doctored, but that advice, unfortunately, is too little too late .
    if you run the quick tests in the device info app and you get a failure code of modem 1000 you are screwed. Happened to me and a number of other people and i've tried everything and got nothing to work. ended up buying a used pre off ebay. good luck
    That happened to my girlfriend's Pre two weeks ago. Sprint replaced it.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Yes, Sprint replaces phones when they drop 1 call every 6 months.
    Great launch partner if you want to go bankrupt.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. I know I tried much of what was suggested on this forum and it stayed in "Phone offline" mode. So Sprint replacing the phone is a good thing
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the help,

ya its a sprint phone, but I'm past the warranty date so sprint already told me I'm screwed. I assume its done for. So, I guess I'm on the market for a new phone. Anybody want to buy a pre battery and a charger? lol

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    thanks a lot for all the help but I cant figure it out. I tried the instructions but it doesn't seem to work for me. its not recognizing the phone at all so I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks though