1.    #1  
    After going through 9 Palm Pres on verizon, 6 were because of blown speakers, I had little hope Palm would ever fix this. Well that changed today when the 9th replacement came in the mail and noticed the speaker grill was different. It looks like they went with a much finer mesh now. So for for this not being a known problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gkiely24; 10/12/2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    that's great! I've gone through 7 pres (will be 8 shortly) on sprint and 5 including the one I have now have had blown speakers, I really hope they finally fixed this!
    Would the mesh make any difference in preventing the speaker from blowing out?
  4.    #4  
    Many people including myself think the reason the speakers blow is because of dust and other small particles getting under the grill and into the speaker. The smaller the grill openings the less chance for stuff to get in.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I think my main problem is metal shavings getting through the cover due to the magnet in the speaker hopefully this new grill will prevent that
    Quote Originally Posted by prefreak86 View Post
    I think my main problem is metal shavings getting through the cover due to the magnet in the speaker hopefully this new grill will prevent that
    As someone who has worked in a metal shop, you will never be able to keep aerosolized metal shavings out of phone speakers. I went through several dumbphones until I decided to just leave my phone in the car.

A well placed piece of a coffee filter, or other paper like filter can help though.