Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Pre Plus with AT&T. When I get texts, the date and time shows up. However, after a few hours, the time sent is no longer listed - just the day. After a couple days, the day sent is no longer listed - just "last week," and so on. I really wish this time stamp would stay - or at least that there was a way to access it.

If anyone else feels the same, please go here to let Palm know! Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

Edit: I am now happily using the patch, Timestamp - Clean, and I love it! For anyone who doesn't yet have Preware, I highly recommend it! You can see below some of the steps I took to get here. Thanks to everyone who helped me!
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 10/13/2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Update
    I agree that was a nice feature but I've adjusted without having for a year now.
    Or you can just install a patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus with AT&T. When I get texts, the date and time shows up. However, after a few hours, the time sent is no longer listed - just the day. After a couple days, the day sent is no longer listed - just "last week," and so on. I really wish this time stamp would stay - or at least that there was a way to access it.

If anyone else feels the same, please go here to let Palm know! Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"There's a patch for that!"
    Time stamp fancy is the way to go! Install webOS Quick Install and then Preware. Once you do that, patching is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    Time stamp fancy is the way to go! Install webOS Quick Install and then Preware. Once you do that, patching is easy.
    I need you..I want you... Oh gosh why don't you live close to me so you can walk me through it because I'm afraid. I'm a chicken. See my feathers. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I need you..I want you... Oh gosh why don't you live close to me so you can walk me through it because I'm afraid. I'm a chicken. See my feathers. LOL
    No need to be afraid. Just follow the instructions carefully. If you have problems plenty of help is available here. (and there's always The Doctor). Just do it!

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    shudders @ needing 'the doctor' - I'm a chicken. However I have a free upgrade if I need it.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    oh really no need to worry. I certainly consider myself 'the average' user and it didn't worry me at all to apply patches. And the doctor isn't as scary as it sounds either. I have visited the doctor once or twice.
    the first time was after installing then trying to uninstall a theme, I surely got a bad theme because it only partially uninstalled itself, ever since ilve steered clear of themes.
    but PATCHES! I love them!!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Wow!! Thanks for all the help guys!!! Okay, cowgirlupkelly, I'm a new Pre owner and "totally" inexperienced with patches as well, but I'm going to go for it - guess there's a first time for everything! Gonna see what this Preware is all about!
    Wow!! Thanks for all the help guys!!! Okay, cowgirlupkelly, I'm a new Pre owner and "totally" inexperienced with patches as well, but I'm going to go for it - guess there's a first time for everything! Gonna see what this Preware is all about!
    Here's some added incentive showing the options available.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Suprised WebOS doesn't have this as a standard feature...good info.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    That is awesome Johncc!! I definitely want that! I'm on my way... just downloaded the newest version of Java.... now to follow the rest of the instructions! You guys are great, thank you!!
    Ah, the joy of new user-ness. You never forget your first patch.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    That is awesome Johncc!! I definitely want that! I'm on my way... just downloaded the newest version of Java.... now to follow the rest of the instructions! You guys are great, thank you!!
    Come back and report how easy it was . Might give others the courage to have a go.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    haha, I'd love to report that it was an easy process, but I've hit a snag! I have done steps 1-3 from the Wikipedia link given above, but WebOS Quick Install will not run - every time I attempt it, it asks if I want to download WebOS Doctor, which I have done twice now. Any ideas?

Note: I emphasized below in red the "Do not run the webOS Doctor" for anyone reading this, as according to this link, doing so will erase your device to WebOS factory settings! http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

1.Install the required Software
    1.Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
    2.Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory your will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    Do not run the webOS Doctor
    3.Click Here to download the latest version of WebOS Quick Install
    2.Put your device in Developer Mode
    3.Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" (do not select USB Drive)
    4.Run WebOS Quick Install
    5.Click the third button on the right (Blue Down Arrow)
    6.Choose WebOS Internals Feed (Pre) or WebOS Internals Feed (Pixi) from the drop-down list at the top.
    7.Select Preware from the list.
    8.Click Download.
    9.Click Close.
    10.Click Install.
    The WebOS Doctor has to be in the same subdirectory as WebOS Quickinstall.

Here are the WebOSQI installation instructions

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...l-v3-14-a.html
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Mission Accomplished!!! Yea!!!! I downloaded the WebOS Quickinstall to my desktop, and the third time I clicked yes to install WebOS Doctor, it too appeared on my desktop without even asking... hmm... oh well, it worked! Third try's the charm I guess.

This was not difficult, for anyone interested. It did take a little time and a little trial and error, but I got there, and it's well worth it!! I've opened up Preware and love that I can see a list of all my apps, what updates are available, how much room they take up, etc..... very cool!! Best of all, I love that I got the patch I needed! I downloaded Timestamp - Clean, and.... it's awesome!!! All my messages have dates/times now... so cool.

For anyone else trying this, I was stumped for a while on trying to find the patches, as I kept searching for them under "list of everything." Instead, you must click on "Available Packages," then click on "Patch," then "Messaging," then you can start typing in the patch name.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped!! I am really happy about this, and.... I realize too that there's a whole new world that just opened up... will have to check out Preware some more. This happy Palm user is even happier now! hehe Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    shudders @ needing 'the doctor' - I'm a chicken. However I have a free upgrade if I need it.
    The doctor isn't so bad, I had to use it once on my old phone, other than the initial setup, I can't remember why it was such a pain in the ***** might have had something to do with the version of the phone I had and the version of the doctor, but once it started to do its thing, it went 'relatively' smoothly.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast