Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    shudders @ needing 'the doctor' - I'm a chicken. However I have a free upgrade if I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    Wow!! Thanks for all the help guys!!! Okay, cowgirlupkelly, I'm a new Pre owner and "totally" inexperienced with patches as well, but I'm going to go for it - guess there's a first time for everything! Gonna see what this Preware is all about!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    Mission Accomplished!!! Yea!!!!

This was not difficult, for anyone interested. It did take a little time and a little trial and error, but I got there, and it's well worth it!!
    Okay cowgirlupkelly. Your turn now!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    date/time-stamping is definitely useful if using Palm for business (medical practice) as I do. The patch is OK, but it really should have been built in.
    Thank god for homebrew!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    any way to get the time stamp for each discussion on the home messaging screen?
    Opps should be a separate thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm gonna work on doing this this weekend when I can just be alone and cry when I break my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    cowgirls don't cry
    LOL!
    I broke down and installed the time stamp patch. Kind of nice to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I need you..I want you... Oh gosh why don't you live close to me so you can walk me through it because I'm afraid. I'm a chicken. See my feathers. LOL
    What part of the country do you live in? There might be someone close to help you.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    What part of the country do you live in? There might be someone close to help you.
    I'm in Tucson, AZ. Live on northwest side but work on southside.
    Well that lets me out but maybe someone else nearby will chime in!

Good luck
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    cowgirlupkelly,

I just saw all these new posts. Did you give Preware a try over the weekend? Hope so!!
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and SO glad I found it.
    I've been dying to get the timestamp on my pixi to stay!

Would someone please be so kind to give step by step instructions on how to add this patch/preware?

I've had my pixi for about 10 months now and have a lot of text messages that I would really hate to lose.

PLEASE someone help me by giving the best step-by-step instructions to do this without losing my current texts.

Thank you all
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Pixifairy,
    No worries, I didn't lose any of my old texts after applying Timestamp. Read through the posts, as they will guide you to the step by step instructions. Read my posts as well, as I gave a little feedback on how the process went for me that perhaps might be helpful to you as well. Good luck!
    Thank you HappyPalm.
    I tried doing that but it seems like perhaps they are spread out through multiple posts and I got a little confused-- from what I understand, it looks like I need to download the quick install and then add the patch.

If you, or someone else, would be so kind to do a "Timestamps for Dummies" (haha) and list step by step instructions in one post, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Pixifairy,
    haha, okay, it's been a while since I've done it, but I re-read through the posts, and I'll see if I can simplify it a little for you. It was confusing for me too at first. Below are the individual steps, but you will have additional steps to follow under each of these as well. Just be patient and go through each step - it's actually not as hard as it appears at first. I did have to do a little trial and error when I installed mine, but I eventually got it. Let us know how it goes!

Step 1: Download WebOS Quick Install, but do not run WebOSDoctor (doing so will erase your phone back to WebOS factory settings!). Click here, and follow the instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html. Note: If I remember correctly, I think it gives you some files to save and open up later. If so, just save them to your desktop so you can easily find them later.

Step 2: Install Preware. Go here and follow the step by step instructions: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Step 3: After installing Preware on your phone, click on "Available Packages," then click on "Patch," then "Messaging," where you will find TimeStamp.
    Ok, but here is my problem- I've downloaded the quick install but in order to install it, it's asking me to download the doctor. Should I just download it?

(please note that I am using a Mac if that makes a difference)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ^Yes, download the doctor, but just don't run it. I have a PC, so I don't know if there are any differences with a Mac. Report back!! I want to hear that you've got your Timestamp patch up and running! =D
    YAY!!! I got it, after some trial and error and I'm so happy! I've wanted this forever

And for those wondering, it places a timestamp on ALL previous text messages also.

Thank you Happy Palm for your help!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Yay!!!! I'm so glad you got it figured out Pixifairy!!! You will definitely love it, and I'm glad I could help! You might have fun checking out other patches as well. I added the one that allows your volume control to take photos when in camera mode. Lots of cool stuff to check out!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast