1.    #1  
    I need to retrieve photos and songs off of my broken pre I already deactivated it and put my profile on another pre. When I try the orange+sym+u key it wont go to usb mode when plugged into computer. I tried battery pulls and powering off the phone while plugged into computer then boot up and still nothing. Is there a way to get usb mode with a broken volume button and not having to sign on into a profile.
  2.    #2  
    I really really need your guys help please it contains some photos that can never be replaced.
    I'm no expert it this but is there no way to push the volume up key? Maybe inserting something to shorten the contact?
    going a limb here.... if the wifi still functions on the deactivated Pre, can you simply email them to yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    going a limb here.... if the wifi still functions on the deactivated Pre, can you simply email them to yourself?
    The problem seems to be going around the activation scene. So no email, no nothing,
    in that case, I agree with your previous suggestion of "tweaking" the volume button.
    Try booting into recovery mode as described here: Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

If you still can't access your USB drive, then try running the "Activation-Bypass" tool found on the same web page above. This should allow you to bypass the activation screen.

EDIT: Sorry I just noticed you need the volume up key to enter recovery mode. I would try taking the case apart and seeing if there was some way to activate the volume up key.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #8  
    I will try to get to the volume up button somehow thanks for all your guys help.