Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you just swipe your finger from the top of the phone down over the screen on the right hand side of the earpiece, you can bring up the dropdown menu that has the wifi, bluetooth, battery life, etc in it. Up to this point, I've just been tapping on the area that has the battery meter, signal strength etc, but only get the menu to come up on the first tap about 1 out of 3 times. The swipe method is 100% effective.

Oh well...a very minor "discovery" and not an important one, but I feel accomplished.
    Last edited by YankBoy; 10/11/2010 at 08:35 PM.
    I wonder what happens when you slide the upper left side down? hmmm
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    never realized that either...thanks for the tip.
    Wow I feel dumb...
    lol have you already tried holding left or right on the screen in minimised?
    I have made my way from one side of this forum to the other and back again a few times....and until this very moment I was one of those people who poked at the top of the screen 11 times to get the menu to come down.

Brilliant advice!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    lol have you already tried holding left or right on the screen in minimised?
    that's just a slower way of going through your cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I have made my way from one side of this forum to the other and back again a few times....and until this very moment I was one of those people who poked at the top of the screen 11 times to get the menu to come down.

Brilliant advice!
    haha, same....

edit: I don't know how long it i'll take for us to get it in our systems, that webos is aboutt swiping, not tapping.
    LOL I really didn't realize that either. That is much easier then trying to tap !! hahaha Wow talk about feeling stupid..
    Thanks...it much cooler now by swiping..
    BTW it works in all applications also..Swipe from top left down..shows left menu...
    Handy stuff !
    This change occurred in an early update of webOS (I think because so many people complained about problems with poking at the menu). You can also use this swipe on the left side when you are in an app and it usually brings up the preferences menu.
    i guess im just so addicted to poking at the top bar it will be hard to train my finger to swipe instead lol ltm ltm lol ltmltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Too true. Hard to "unlearn" those ingrained habits of old, but swiping always requires less precision. Good one!

Now if I could actually disable the tap that pulls up the system menu, I'd eliminate the single-most annoying mistap that I always seem to make when doing other things in webOS. It seems that that menu is always popping up at the worst times.
    The interface on this OS just keeps becoming more and more appealing.
    DOH 6/15/09 DOH
    Yes, I remember when it got introduced way back around 1.2.x i believe. I thought it was cool how Palm added it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Oh man! Still learning...
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Oh well...a very minor "discovery" and not an important one, but I feel accomlished.
    Nice one. Did not know that either. Thanks. A stroke is much more satisfying than a jab. (Another Tip for the front page.)
    Live and Learn! Thanks!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  20.    #20  
    Wow...I thought for sure there'd be about 30 posts saying "duh"...haha. Glad I stumbled across this little trick and could pass it along.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast