Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice one!! Thanks, now I can stop smacking my phone around just to display the menu and to think I have had my phone for a year and 4 months!!

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Holy crap. I thought people were crazy in videos with their swiping method after I tried it. But now I do it and it's 10 times easier than trying to hit the right menu. Thanks so much!
    How about instead of tapping on a card, does anyone else swipe a card down with your thumb/index so your fingers are already on the keyboard or gesture area? It makes it slightly faster to crank out text/email when switching between apps.

Cheers
    Wow! I've been doing this since it was introduced back in the 1.2.whatever release. Really started using it since I installed the Device Menu Megamix patches.

It's funny how you start to take things for granted and not even realize there are a lot of people out there who don't know about it.

Perhaps what we need is a gesture tutorial -- all the things that you can do with gestures within webOS. Any other hidden gems out there that people use that others don't know about?
    Its funny how some things you know and don't know others don't know them, and other things you don't know, but others do know... you know?

I've been doing this on my phone since 8/09 and never realized it wasn't a well known thing. But then I turn around and have the shoe on the other foot a few days later. Just when you think you know everything about your phone....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/12/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    that's just a slower way of going through your cards...
    Yes, and it's similar in that quite a number of people don't know about it either.

BTW: there's been previous threads about the menu swipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, and it's similar in that quite a number of people don't know about it either.

BTW: there's been previous threads about the menu swipe.
    Palm actually sent a tweet out about it a while ago.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I did not know of it either. It will definitely make my interactions with my pre a lot quicker!!
    +1 to everybody else. I have had my pre for 6+ months, and have been poking at the little menu thingie for 6+ months. Swipe down... sheesh... what a simple concept. I am surprised I've never figured it out. Thanks!!!
    Oh my gosh. Had a Pre since Sprint launch and never realized that. Soooo much better!

Thanks OP!
    Welcome to 2009 fella's
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I like to check my battery life quite a bit, so thank you for this tip - it's GREAT!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexjack22 View Post
    How about instead of tapping on a card, does anyone else swipe a card down with your thumb/index so your fingers are already on the keyboard or gesture area? It makes it slightly faster to crank out text/email when switching between apps.

Cheers
    Wow, there's a new one to me. Thanks! I was slow at getting the menu swpe too.
    Thank You Very Much. The Tapping Has Always Annoyed Me.

Ahhh, It's The Simple Things That Keep Me Happy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12