Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hello all!

    I've been considering "Doctoring" my Pre Plus (At&T) for some time now, and I think it's that time. However, I've never done this. I was wondering if anyone out there could walk me through the process.
    And, if it's important: yes, I have patches, apps and I am overclocked.

    Cheers!
    ~Ted
  2. #2  
    First and Foremost, Reboot your computer first!

    With Pre OFF attach usb cable to Pre while holding the up volume button.
    This will put Pre into bootie mode, After you see the giant usb symbol unplug the Pre.
    Launch the WebOsDr.jar (make sure you download the correct version for your carrier and device)
    Now wait until you are told to plug in the Pre.

    Thats it.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. #3  
    2slow gives good advice.

    for more detailed steps read the section on doctor here

    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre
    There are four lights.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    First and Foremost, Reboot your computer first!

    With Pre OFF attach usb cable to Pre while holding the up volume button.
    This will put Pre into bootie mode, After you see the giant usb symbol unplug the Pre.
    Launch the WebOsDr.jar (make sure you download the correct version for your carrier and device)
    Now wait until you are told to plug in the Pre.

    Thats it.
    Thanks mate!
    But do I need to remove my patches and turn off Govnah?
    Also, I have a Pre Plus on AT&T...I have no idea where I can find the download. I'd hate to have to ask for more, but, help? :c
    ~Ted
  5. #5  
    No need to remove the patches or Kernels.
    The Dr will wipe all but the usb drive and put it back to stock!

    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    Remember your apps will come back as soon as you log in to your Palm Profile.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Thanks mate!
    But do I need to remove my patches and turn off Govnah?
    Also, I have a Pre Plus on AT&T...I have no idea where I can find the download. I'd hate to have to ask for more, but, help? :c
    ~Ted
    there's no need to unpatch really as it should overwrite things to stock.

    check palm.com/support to find instructions and downloads
    There are four lights.
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys, thanks so much!
    But I've been reading the link posted my windzilla, and it seems Doctoring my Pre might be a bit overkill.
    Here's my case: I've shuffled a lot of files (mostly music [.mp3's]) and I've installed/uninstalled a few patches. I'm basically worried about unwanted files lingering around here-and-there, taking up memory (it's happened on my iPod: Touch) and affecting one-another if I install patches in the future. Do you think I should do a hard/soft reset instead?
    ~Ted
  8. #8  
    If you are not having problems then leave it alone
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you are not having problems then leave it alone
    But doesn't the pre suffer from memory leaks?
    Geeze, knowing the answer to that would help me sleep at night lol
    ~Ted
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you are not having problems then leave it alone
    seconded.

    if it aint broke don't fix it.

    I doctored once for curiosity sake and because I thought it might tune it up a bit. basically it was a waste. nothing special but some time gone, and the ability to advise you to save your time unless you have an issue to begin with.
    There are four lights.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    seconded.

    if it aint broke don't fix it.

    I doctored once for curiosity sake and because I thought it might tune it up a bit. basically it was a waste. nothing special but some time gone, and the ability to advise you to save your time unless you have an issue to begin with.
    I think I'll be taking your advise. I don't do much beyond a few minor patches and overclocking (500/800 Screenstate). I guess I'm just being parionoid because of how much my iPod screwed me over for memory.
    Thanks!
    ~Ted
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    never hurts to learn how to doctor, so I say GO FOR IT. Then if you ever need it, you will be a pro. In linux I believe it cleans up after itself.... A battery pull every now and then should keep you running well.
    I think I'll learn by reading, but it's good to know Linux cleans up after itself. Now I can sleep properly! lol
    ~Ted
  13. #13  
    If you go to the support section of Palm's website, you can download webOS doctor with step by step instructions. Also I would recommend Save/Restore to backup homebrew apps and patches.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation

Posting Permissions