1.    #1  
    Hey, does anybody know if there's a way to calibrate the built in battery level monitor for my Palm Pre? ever since I doctored my phone, the battery % status has been way off. As of now, my phone has been running at 0% battery for the past 4 hours, with Wi-Fi on, and downloading stuff from preware. To back up this, I installed neville/StoneRyno's Battery Monitor, which shows my voltage as 3.6v(LiPo battery safe range is 4.2v(fully charged) to 2.5v(dead) with 3.7v being the nominal voltage). I tried letting my phone die completely from a full charge a few times, which is how you calibrate most electronic devices, but it didn't do a thing.

Any ideas?
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
    Install the Dr. Battery app available via Preware and then read the Dr. Battery thread for calibration instructions.

If you have any questions, you can post them there.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Yes ur battery is lying to you, either stating you have life when ur battery reads 0 of that ur using phone and that for many hours you never lose 100%.

Dr.Battery can and will solve this issue, Dr.Battery actually goes into the batteryChip and corrects whatever the problem is.

It's free and doesn't mess anything up, it's a clean calibration. Hope it works out for you.
    there is a patch that forces the phone to display actual battery. When used with the patch for showing battery as a number, it gives you an accurate reading. Then use dr battery to calibrate the battery.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Hmmmm ima look into that cus I'm having an issue where after 30% it drops to 0 out of now where and I know it's inaccurate cus even with it reading 0% it stays on for @ least half an hr =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    Hmmmm ima look into that cus I'm having an issue where after 30% it drops to 0 out of now where and I know it's inaccurate cus even with it reading 0% it stays on for @ least half an hr =/
    Yeah, you need to calibrate it. It should fix the problem of dropping to 0 from 30% but the overall health has degraded. You may still get some use out of it but it sounds like it's getting close to the time for a new battery.