1.    #1  
    I was hanging out with friends today and i somehow ended up smashing my phone against my epic belt buckle, breaking part of my screen (which still functions) and the digitizer. does anyone know how much/where i can buy a new digitizer for the pre, for some what cheaply? or how much it costs for palm to replace a pre plus? yes its overclocked, but its in devmode so i can transfer over the original pre kernel over and make it look fresh as new.

any sort of advice is welcome

anybody at all know where i can find new screen/touchscreens for my pre plus?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/10/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegameinformer View Post
    PDASmart.com lists a replacement screen for $135. You could probably find a used Pre on Craigslist or Ebay for cheaper than that.

Here is one listed from Hong Kong for under $80. (Edit: It's for the Pre, not the Pre plus, not sure if it would work or not.)
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I highly doubt you'll be able to find replacement touch-screens for any current-gen Palm device, since all the screens are built into the bezel (disregard).

Not to mention that Palm devices aren't exactly the most popular. Theoretically, you'd have to take apart the actual phone (voiding your warranty) and separate the LCD from the top half, but iFixit has noted that such a repair would be very difficult since it's hard to separate the LCD and the digitizer.

Although, are you sure you wouldn't want to use your warranty/get a refurbished phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    Although, are you sure you wouldn't want to use your warranty/get a refurbished phone?
    That would be my choice, assuming that the OP has insurance.
    I want to see this belt buckle.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Belt Buckle - 1, Palm Pre - 0
    insurance usually only costs 100 and you get a good refurb , otherwise you take a chance at being ripped off or the screen not working after you have tried to fix it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    insurance usually only costs 100 and you get a good refurb ,
    Plus, you may get lucky and get a NEW phone instead of a refurb, like I did.
    yeah that too !! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    First Google result for "epic belt buckle"!!

Yeah, I'd do the insurance and get a refurb, man.
  11.    #11  
    i would go for the insurance/refurb. buttt the phone kinda already has a voided warranty.

i figured it would be cheaper to actually buy one off ebay (bad esn or something) and manually replace the whole top sliding portion of the screen (digitizer and lcd)

As far as the belt buckle.. i need a camera to take a picture of it, and my pre was my camera for a while. but since it isnt quite working, i cant quite take a picture. ill post one when i get the replacement parts/phone though
    i would go for the insurance/refurb. buttt the phone kinda already has a voided warranty.

i figured it would be cheaper to actually buy one off ebay (bad esn or something) and manually replace the whole top sliding portion of the screen (digitizer and lcd)

As far as the belt buckle.. i need a camera to take a picture of it, and my pre was my camera for a while. but since it isnt quite working, i cant quite take a picture. ill post one when i get the replacement parts/phone though
    well insurance is for people that break their phones and the warranty wont cover it lol so thats a viod statement.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well insurance is for people that break their phones and the warranty wont cover it lol so thats a viod statement.
    my friend had an incredible, broke the screen, got insurance and still payed 90 bucks

It doesn't matter how void the warranty is....u could have replaced the cpu and been overclocked to 15668 Jigahertz and your pre evaporated because of the heat. Insurance still covers it.

Of course you have to have already had the insurance, that's not something you can just add at any time to your plan.
    I bought a screen and digitizer on ebay for 45 with free shipping they guy had a bunch of them