1.    #1  
    Hello all!

I've just got Mode Switcher, and I've found myself a bit overwhelmed.
    I'd like to set is so my Wi-Fi, as well as Govnah (Screenstate 500/800), will turn on automatically between the hours of 4:00P.M. and 7:30 A.M..
    I'd also like to be able to have Wi-Fi drop out of the picture between the hours of 7:30A.M. and 4:00P.M..
    Any advise would be great!

And as always, thanks!
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 10/09/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    you need to set up a time of day trigger for the scenario you mention. The wiki in the mode switcher thread is an excellent resource.
    In mode switcher, add custom mode,

mode type = "modifier"

in settings, choose "add settings"
    choose add "connection settings"
    choose "default" for all except "wifi"
    choose "enable" for wifi

backscroll to top MS page, choose "Apps"
    click on "Add Srv" (bottom r button)
    select "Govnah"
    select for "on start" = screenstate 500/800
    select for "on close" = whatever default govnah setting you wish for default

backscroll to top page; select "triggers"
    under "required" select "unique"
    click "add trigger"
    select "time of day trigger", set to 4pm-7pm

Now go back to the opening screen in MS, scroll down to bottom to select "edit default"
    go to "settings"
    make sure your "wifi"=off

This profile setting will mean your wifi is normally off. However, between 4pm and 7:30am, MS will be triggered to active your modifier custom program, which is wifi=on and screenstate 500/800. Outside the trigger time zone, default values, e.g. wifi=off and govnah setting will prevail.
    There is also a battery saver thread setting for mode switcher http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    In mode switcher, add custom mode,

mode type = "modifier"

in settings, choose "add settings"
    choose add "connection settings"
    choose "default" for all except "wifi"
    choose "enable" for wifi

backscroll to top MS page, choose "Apps"
    click on "Add Srv" (bottom r button)
    select "Govnah"
    select for "on start" = screenstate 500/800
    select for "on close" = whatever default govnah setting you wish for default

backscroll to top page; select "triggers"
    under "required" select "unique"
    click "add trigger"
    select "time of day trigger", set to 4pm-7pm

Now go back to the opening screen in MS, scroll down to bottom to select "edit default"
    go to "settings"
    make sure your "wifi"=off

This profile setting will mean your wifi is normally off. However, between 4pm and 7:30am, MS will be triggered to active your modifier custom program, which is wifi=on and screenstate 500/800. Outside the trigger time zone, default values, e.g. wifi=off and govnah setting will prevail.
    Thank you so much! However, I'm still kind of confused.
    Although I set all my preferences, when I exit Mode Switcher, My "Default Mode" still activates.
    Also, any time I open/close Mode Switcher, it says "Default mode Updated."
    And lastly, my default for Govnah is 500/800 Screenstate, so should that be my "on close" setting aswell?

Cheers! And thanks again!
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 10/09/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    updating default mode is standard behavior for the app. He has talked about removing that function with the next update.

I haven't messed around with the govnah settings the screenstate works well for me as is.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    updating default mode is standard behavior for the app. He has talked about removing that function with the next update.

I haven't messed around with the govnah settings the screenstate works well for me as is.
    Does that mean my Custom Mode won't activate until tomorrow at 4:00P.M.?

And, I'm not messing with Govnah's Screenstate, I'm using the basic 500/800, but it's on my Default Mode as well as my Custom Mode. I was just curious that if my Custom Mode launches Govnah along side my Wi-Fi at 4:00P.M. what my "on close" setting should be.

Cheers!
    ~Ted

I have a "multimedia" mode where I use MS to drop from default Screenstate 250/800 to UK constant 500. Seems to work well. It's manually triggered for whenever I am going to watch a movie or something and don't need extra clock but need to stretch battery power. Like when I am on a plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Does that mean my Custom Mode won't activate until tomorrow at 4:00P.M.?

And, I'm not messing with Govnah's Screenstate, I'm using the basic 500/800, but it's on my Default Mode as well as my Custom Mode. I was just curious that if my Custom Mode launches Govnah along side my Wi-Fi at 4:00P.M. what my "on close" setting should be.

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    Correct on first paragraph. 4pm tomorrow will be the first instance your custom profile will be automatically triggered. However, if you have installed the patch to have MS control on your home screen page, you can easily manually trigger the mode any time you want. Can't remember the name right now. Sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for ride to airport. So don't have time to look.

If you are not messing with changing clock speeds, then simply leave out the entire part about setting Govnah in your custom mode. Whatever you don't specify in custom, the device will look for your default.
    There is also a battery saver thread setting for mode switcher http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html
    I personally find the custom profile needlessly complicated for my personal usage pattern. My device is screen-off 95% of the time and I only screen-on about once every hour anyways. For this type of usage, I am getting great batt saver by simply
    A) Screen=off; Data = 5min on every 30 min
    B) Screen=on; Data=on
    A single charge lasts on average about 3x longer, easily a 24 hr day.
    Correct on first paragraph. 4pm tomorrow will be the first instance your custom profile will be automatically triggered. However, if you have installed the patch to have MS control on your home screen page, you can easily manually trigger the mode any time you want. Can't remember the name right now. Sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for ride to airport. So don't have time to look.

If you are not messing with changing clock speeds, then simply leave out the entire part about setting Govnah in your custom mode. Whatever you don't specify in custom, the device will look for your default.

Patch is system mode mode menu
    I personally find the custom profile needlessly complicated for my personal usage pattern. My device is screen-off 95% of the time and I only screen-on about once every hour anyways. For this type of usage, I am getting great batt saver by simply
    A) Screen=off; Data = 5min on every 30 min
    B) Screen=on; Data=on
    A single charge lasts on average about 3x longer, easily a 24 hr day.
    I might have to try this I see battery savings with the settings in the thread. My phone while at work is constantly searching for a strong signal so having the screenstate trigger included works well for me. I have several modes setup and the data on while at work works great for me.
    I might have to try this I see battery savings with the settings in the thread. My phone while at work is constantly searching for a strong signal so having the screenstate trigger included works well for me. I have several modes setup and the data on while at work works great for me.
    I have asked Scionix to include more time selections for the repeat interval setting. That way I can default with Data=on. Custom profile would be triggered by Screen=off, with Data=off for 25 min out of every 30 min.

This way we can bypass the mandatory 15 second lag after Screen=on trigger to have Data=On in the current setup. Integration with my other MS profiles would be a heck of a lot easier too, with data defaulting to "on", rather than the other way around.
  14.    #14  

Thanks!
    I have a few final questions, if you wouldn't mind.
    In the middle of a mode, lets say my 4:00P.M. too 7:30A.M. Wi-Fi-edited mode, if I needed to toggle the Wi-Fi manually, from the actual application, would that affect the modes' cycle? Or would it just carry on?
    And lastly, can I use my ringer On/Off switch on the phone without interrupting the mode(s)?

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    No it would not affect the mode with a manual toggle. Yes you can use on/off switch without interrupting modes.
  16.    #16  

My mode didn't load today Any idea why?
    ~Ted
    did you have mode switcher turned on?
  18.    #18  
    did you have mode switcher turned on?
    Yeah, I have the auto-launch-on-boot patch as well, just to make sure (it even says it's on in the application itself).
    ~Ted