Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. murraymints's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #1  
    plugged in charger to phone and just will not charge at all! now it just shows large battery icon. have tried resetting phone, restarting and also taken battery out and replaced it! still shows large battery icon or sometimes comes on but says the phone will shut down very soon!! any ideas before i chuck it out the window! thanks!!
  2. #2  
    First... make sure you are using the factory (OEM) charger and cable. Also, if your battery was drained below a certain level, you will only get the battery icon on the display until the charge gets past a certain point.
  3. #3  
    Need to troubleshoot to see the problem..one of three places:
    1. Phone
    2. Cable
    3. Charger
    If you don't know anyone else that has a Pre, take it to the store and see if they can plug it in and determine which is the problem.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  4. murraymints's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #4  
    hi, i've had it charging for 2hrs and still doing the same. i might take it to the o2 shop again! thanks
  5. #5  
    Are you using the Palm wall plug and USB cord?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6. murraymints's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #6  
    palm wall plug and usb cord. i've tried other sockets and also via computer. it did simular a few weeks ago but then decided to charge but this time its been 2days,
    Last edited by murraymints; 10/09/2010 at 04:22 PM.
  7. #7  
    2 days? If you have another charger/cable you can try that.. but you might want to take it back in to your carrier and have it checked/swapped.
  8. #8  
    Another possibility: bad battery
  9. murraymints's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #9  
    o2 shop have sent it off for repair! have only had it 3months! not good! thanks for all your replies!

Posting Permissions