1.    #1  
    before I activate my new phone...should I uninstall preware and patches...then back up phone and activate new one....or just back up phone and activate the new one with my pre ware and patches still installed..
    Activate your new phone first. See what is and is not there. Plug the old one into the computer to pull off any personal info that didn't make the trip from your Palm Profile.
    Once done, do a full erase on the old phone before sending it back, assuming you are being required to return the old one. Full erase is part of the reset options. I just did it on mine a week or so ago but don't remember the exact terminology of the option.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  3.    #3  
    awesome..will do
    one more thing..some of your accounts may take a bit to fully sync up..i.e. EAS and gmail accounts. Be sure to sign in to all of your email accounts and let the phone sit for an hour or so before you get nervous about missing contacts and calendar entries.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  5.    #5  
    no doubt...this is my 3rd pre...i know what up...just never had home brew in it while activating the new one before..
    AH well then you've been down this path before. You'll have to start over on the home brew stuff. It doesn't back up to the cloud.
    ---
    HP Touchpad!
  7.    #7  
    ok I have a beta app called free music ringtones...apprently the app is not available anymore...cause my friends had to get new phones and that app does not restore and is unfindable...how to I save this app on my desk top....ivenever hooked a pre up to back it up ever...i never even synched my treo 650 once in the 6 years I had it..
    you can find it in preware.
  9.    #9  
    awesome.