1.    #1  
    Quick background: recently switched from a Pre Plus to a Pixi Plus. In short, it was a big mistake. Beautiful phone, runs horribly. Don't do it.

On a recent phone call I decided to switch to the camera app to take a picture [I know the Pixi doesn't take good pics, but I wanted to anyway]. Once the camera came up, my call was muted and [to my surprise] my friend hung up on me after a few minutes of trying to take a picture.

I pulled up Pandora and then played some music. Then I switched to the camera app. Pandora stopped playing music. Consistently happens on Palm Pixi.

Bottom line: I know that the camera likes to play shutter sounds, and video recording would definitely need speaker control. But for taking pictures? I thought that my old Palm Pre could take a picture without muting my calls and my music.

So here's what I'm asking: does your Palm Pre camera mute your music or your calls? Maybe my memory's fuzzy, but I can't remember my Pre having this problem.
    i'm on pre plus.
    camera indeed stops all audio playback.
    va savoir...
    yup, it stops it.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Pre.

It's the same case with me too. Camera does stop all other music.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yep definitely stops the audio for me. This seems to be a must cause think about how fast it switches from camera to video. When tha camera starts up it probably just prepares the phone for whatever.
    sure does on my sprint pre too
  7.    #7  
    Huh. I can't believe I didn't notice that...oh well.
    This has been addressed before on the forums. Here are a couple of previous threads:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ate-music.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ure-no-go.html
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)