1.    #1  
    I've searched and searched this forum, found some tips, but none is working.

My phone took a flying leap from my hand to the parking lot. Touch screen doesn't have a scratch on it, but it's completely dead. I'm LOST without a phone, so THANKFULLY I have a friend that had an extra Pre (lucky me yay!) that he gave me. New phone is active and working fine, but I NEED my stuff from the old phone.

When it boots up now, I get the screen saying profile no longer active, yada yada yada. When I plug it up to the computer, it gives me no option to choose USB or charge (like that would matter anyway since the touchscreen doesn't like me anymore). Anyway, I've tried the whole orange+sym+u thing and the phone just does.....nothing. Nada.

Did I screw something up by deactivating the broken one before retrieving all my stuff? Not too worried about the music, I have all that on my computer, but I have about 1200 pictures I'm afraid I'm never gonna see again.

I NEED USB MODE! HELP!
    ORANGE + SYM + U I think.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ORANGE + SYM + U I think.
    Tried that. Didn't work.
    I tried checking around and that seems to be the keyboard shortcut, not sure why it isn't working for you.

here's something I found:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbendik
    I only used Emergency Patch Repair (EPR) thinking that EPR would uninstall both tweaks & patches. I guess I have to use WebOSDoctor since WebOS Repair Utility isn't available yet for 1.3.5. Is there specific instructions about holding the Volume Up button at reboot to get access to WebOSDoctor?

MM... just hold it 'til you see the huge USB icon. Can't miss it!

Or you could hit the restart buttons (Opt + Sym + R) and then wait about 15 seconds... and THEN hold up right before or as the screen flashes totally black. Basically, if you HOLD Volume Up for the first second or two of boot time... you'll see the USB icon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I tried checking around and that seems to be the keyboard shortcut, not sure why it isn't working for you.

here's something I found:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbendik
    I only used Emergency Patch Repair (EPR) thinking that EPR would uninstall both tweaks & patches. I guess I have to use WebOSDoctor since WebOS Repair Utility isn't available yet for 1.3.5. Is there specific instructions about holding the Volume Up button at reboot to get access to WebOSDoctor?

MM... just hold it 'til you see the huge USB icon. Can't miss it!

Or you could hit the restart buttons (Opt + Sym + R) and then wait about 15 seconds... and THEN hold up right before or as the screen flashes totally black. Basically, if you HOLD Volume Up for the first second or two of boot time... you'll see the USB icon.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by awdwdwow9496 View Post
    I'll try that. Thank you.
    OK, something's different. I got the massive USB icon on the screen, now what? Is it still booting? My computer is making noises like it recognizes something, but the Palm drive isn't showing under My Computer. Do I just need to wait a few? Ahhh, I'm getting closer.
  7.    #7  
    Ugh. Still nothing. sigh.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    To use "ORANGE + SYM + U" , I think you need to be logged into your palm profile.

Try accessing it as a developer phone, see if that works (Use activation bypass tool)
    http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...rticle&id=2051
    Last edited by RMB; 10/09/2010 at 11:41 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    To use "ORANGE + SYM + U" , I think you need to be logged into your palm profile.

Try accessing it as a developer phone, see if that works (Use activation bypass tool)
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center
    Thanks, RMB. Fellow Kentuckian, I see.

Used the activation bypass tool, and it brought up the USB icon. After that, though, it doesn't do anything. My computer doesn't recognize the device. What do I do at this point?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Thanks, RMB. Fellow Kentuckian, I see.

Used the activation bypass tool, and it brought up the USB icon. After that, though, it doesn't do anything. My computer doesn't recognize the device. What do I do at this point?
    Did you run these 3 steps as described in the link:
    1. Download the activation-bypass tool, which is available here, and save it in the location of your choice.
    2. Boot your device into recovery mode, as described above.
    3. Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar
    (For step 3, Open cmd prompt, goto dir where you have stored the activation-bypass tool and run the command in step 3 as shown above and press enter)
    Last edited by RMB; 10/09/2010 at 01:35 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Did you run these 3 steps as described in the link:
    1. Download the activation-bypass tool, which is available here, and save it in the location of your choice.
    2. Boot your device into recovery mode, as described above.
    3. Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar
    (For step 3, Open cmd prompt, goto dir where you have stored the activation-bypass tool and run the command in step 3 as shown above and press enter)
    I must be doing something wrong. I followed these steps exactly. Ran the command, a black box pops up very briefly on the computer screen, then nothing. Phone is still showing the usb icon. Am I missing something?

I have to go out for awhile but will check back tonight. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I must be doing something wrong. I followed these steps exactly. Ran the command, a black box pops up very briefly on the computer screen, then nothing. Phone is still showing the usb icon. Am I missing something?

I have to go out for awhile but will check back tonight. Thanks!
    I haven't used it so am not exactly sure, but it says in that link that once your run activation-bypass tool, The device will reboot. Once the device is booted, it will be in developer mode, and the first use procedure will not be required. The device will be ready to use, subject to the limitations of non-activation.

May be someone more experienced, will drop in and give some better tips
  13.    #13  
    I haven't used it so am not exactly sure, but it says in that link that once your run activation-bypass tool, The device will reboot. Once the device is booted, it will be in developer mode, and the first use procedure will not be required. The device will be ready to use, subject to the limitations of non-activation.

May be someone more experienced, will drop in and give some better tips
    That's the problem, it's not rebooting. :/ Thanks for the help you've given.