1.    #1  
    Hello i have a big problem when somebody calls me i can hear the ringing but when i answer the call i can not hear the caller speak. When i start listening to music there is no sound. I tried every app (Doom, Quake, SuperNES...), but no sound. The funny thing is when i hold the power button i hear a sound. Please help !!!
    Have you recently used the 3.5 mm jack on the top (ie headphones or just a cable to connect to a stereo or something like that?)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Have you recently used the 3.5 mm jack on the top (ie headphones or just a cable to connect to a stereo or something like that?)
    Yes yesterday before i went to school. I used the 3.5 mm jack on the top for headphones
    try cleaning the headset jack, search for serveral posting about it here.

and if finally stuck in headset mode try this "ghastly headset app"

http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/231111-ghastly-headset-those-us-handsets-stuck-headset-mode.html
    Sounds like the same problem I had the other day... Follow that link it should help...I had to open up my mp3 player, Music Player (Remix) and plug/unplug my jack several times before it finally 'released' the sound back through the external speaker. Very aggrevating, but glad there was a 'relatively' simple fix. Hope you get it working soon.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    try cleaning the headset jack, search for serveral posting about it here.

and if finally stuck in headset mode try this "ghastly headset app"

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    THANK YOU 10000000 TIMES YOU SIEVED MY LIFE
    lol I was picking up a friend of mine at the airport, had some mp3's going through my car stereo when he called, ripped the cord out to answer and had the same thing happen to me... I wasn't sure what was going on, glad these forums are here, we would all be in a world of hurt if they weren't
  8.    #8  
    Lets hope hat palm will fix this bug and others in the next release of webOS.
    well i fear it's a hardware bug regarding the headset jack microswitch to detect "headset plugged" or not that is blocking because of filth (at least that's what they say on the palm hotline).
    So palm fix this bad design of hardware with the next phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipxy View Post
    Lets hope hat palm will fix this bug and others in the next release of webOS.
    This isn't a webOS issue - as the above poster said it's a hardware problem.

It would be nice, however, if webOS would include a headset icon on the top bar which would make easy to see if the phone "thinks" something is plugged into it. There was a thread some time back suggesting a patch for that, but haven't heard any mention of it lately.

jim
    im having a similar issue. it is not the headset problem because ive had it before and ive solved it before, plus i can hear my system sounds on speaker.

i had gotten my pre replaced last week, and the earpiece did not work so i got ANOTHER one. i just found out last night that THIS earpiece does not work EITHER.

i have a hunch it may have to do with homebrewing because the odds are low that i got TWO phones with the same hardware issue. possible but more unlikely.

tried restart. the funny thing is last night it didnt work, and then it did for one call. i dont recall what or if i did anything to fix it last night.

im probably just going to get it replaced again.