1. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    The phone is inactive, and the phone number was ported to another network -- meaning I have no cell/data access to Sprint's network.

I have:

- done a "full erase" under Device Info, meaning to go back and just do a master reset in RTN since I do have the MSL.

- flashed the phone using the 1.4.5 doctor and booting into recovery mode.

So at this point, I'm stuck with trying to sign in to a Palm profile (can't -- no network access) or call 911/CS, the latter of which doesn't go through. Yes, I realize I should have done a master reset and zero-write of the phone's storage prior to flashing.

How can I get in far enough to do a "true" reset using the MSL -- and securely zero-write the flash storage of the phone? So far, all I've been able to find is that in OS X, Disk Utility cannot find the phone's storage when connected either in recovery mode or "normally", which for now means at the profile login screen.

(ETA: okay, I found out about the orange+B trick to get a keypad and ##rtn# from there. That leaves a zero-write of the storage. Anyone?)
    Last edited by exi; 10/08/2010 at 07:34 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Looks like exactly what I need. Thank you.