Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I bought a Pre on ebay, which was listed as Great Screen, some minor scratches on the back....
    well it's obvious he didnt use a screen protector and it looks like the seller dropped it once BUT

I opened a dispute. He will offer $20 but accepts no return, and only off if I don't give him negative feedback. Final price for sprint pre would is thus $85 in my hand, after "discount."

slider is fine but when I look at the screen very very closely I THINK I see a couple of those tiny hairline cracks in the center of the screen. I am not positive as to an easy way to identify them but I don't think they are on the surface of the screen. Will these eventually spread and kill my touchscreen? Are they really there >:O

Is there anybody out there :P

Anyway, any thoughts on whether this is a fight to fight or a pretty good deal even with the screen issues

THanks and everybody here is Awesome!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    my pre (sprint) has the same hairline cracks not really noticeable ( only seen when screen is off and in sunlight) but there are alot of them.. About a month ago on a hot day (100 plus) I left my pre charging in my jeep (windows up, doors closed) big mistake came bak bout 30 min later and boom little cracks everywhere they are lik in the screen only seen in sunlight and at angle but their there.. Idk what effect they'll have in the long wun but I guess I'll have to wait and see...
    if you put on a good screen protector it might hide those hairline scratches somewhat .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Why would you buy a used Pre when you can get a new one for $50?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Maybe cause to get the new one for under $50 that is after rebates and use of upgrade credit. Not everyone has an upgrade credit coming or wishes to use the one they have. And rebates are annoying.
    Use Ebay Buyer protection

eBay Buyer Protection
    Well?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    85 aint to bad for an out of contract pre, seems kinda shady of the seller, though...sometimes ebay is great and sometimes i hate using it. my brother tried to sell his HTC WinMo phone when he left At&t and the seller was a fraudster claiming that they were out of the country and could not send paypal payment until he confirmed it was in the mail? well, of course, he's smarter than that and told them no and they even sent a very official PayPal letter assuring this was the procedure and he still said no and they threatened to sue him and give him really negative feedback and all that. Crazy story, he contacted paypal and they told him this is becoming very normal practice. its jacked up
    You can get a refurb never used pre for around $100... lightly used like new for $85 or so...

Look at it this way; a new palm phone will be out within 5 months... it should last that long*

*it's a pre, so maybe

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Look at it this way...even if it wasn't a cell phone... You got a handheld touchscreen wifi linux computer for $85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Will these eventually spread and kill my touchscreen?
    Chances those will spread and bite you in the rear are realistic.

Did you already escalate your dispute to a claim?
    If you clearly state the phone has been dropped previously, and it was not mentioned in the ad, paypal will certainly rule in your favor.
    Return it! Thats how two of my screens started, tiny hairline cracks from the center of the button. return it as fast as you can. for no reason most likly by heat the cracks will spread deeming the phone inoperable. usually after a few hairline cracks i have about a week before the digitizer dosen not work anymore and the touch does notwork!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I returned it. Thanks everybody!!!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    good for you people try to rip people off all the time on ebay geto people is you ask me but with ebay buyer protection you don't have a lot to worey about...