Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    We are dropping our smartphones (my wife is dropping her iphone and I am dropping my Pre) for "dumb" phones. Now I need to know how I can get my contacts onto my new phone. The new phone is probably going to be AT&T or T-Mobile, so I can't just ask the guy at the Sprint desk to do it for me.

I've seen some apps and patches out there...can anyone recommend the best method?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegt View Post
    We are dropping our smartphones (my wife is dropping her iphone and I am dropping my Pre) for "dumb" phones. Now I need to know how I can get my contacts onto my new phone. The new phone is probably going to be AT&T or T-Mobile, so I can't just ask the guy at the Sprint desk to do it for me.

I've seen some apps and patches out there...can anyone recommend the best method?
    Are your contacts in your Palm Profile? Or an online one such as Google, Yahoo, etc.? That'll make a difference. If they're in your Palm Profile, there is a patch that you can e-mail yourself your contacts as a csv file (which can be read by Excel). If they're "in the cloud" (Google, Yahoo, etc.), you already have a back-up copy of all of them there. If this doesn't all make sense, please provide the specifics of which profile you're using for contacts, as well as any specific questions you might have, and we can take it from there. Good luck. Sorry to see someone leaving WebOS