1.    #1  
    Hi

I got a Palm Pre Plus as birthday gift from my cousin . I have T-mobile but my cousin got it from AT&T as he is with AT&T.

How can I use it in T-mobile. Some body said if i can find the latest WEB O.S file , I can flash my phone with it and should be able to use it with T-mobile.

Any one can help ,me where to find the latest firmware for Plam Pre Plus for AT&T or any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    <<Thread Moved>>

3G functionality not possible....may wish to reconsider....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ragskash View Post
    Hi

I got a Palm Pre Plus as birthday gift from my cousin . I have T-mobile but my cousin got it from AT&T as he is with AT&T.

How can I use it in T-mobile. Some body said if i can find the latest WEB O.S file , I can flash my phone with it and should be able to use it with T-mobile.

Any one can help ,me where to find the latest firmware for Plam Pre Plus for AT&T or any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    You will need to get it unlocked, if not already.
    Voice calls should not be any issue then, but you will not get 3G data from T-Mo due to the freqn diff between AT&T and T-Mo.
    2G data (i.e. EDGE) should still work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    2G data (i.e. EDGE) should still work.
    Its still a great phone on EDGE. I bought my Sprint Pre on launch day and used if for over a year before Sprint rolled out 3G in my area. The only thing that didn't work great was streaming video (YouTube) but there were enough wifi spots to make it a non-issue. Especially with the YouTube patch that lets you download vids to your phone.
    EVDO is about five to seven times faster than EDGE, but HSDPA is about five to seven times faster than EVDO.

It'll still be an awesome phone (although there are people on this forum who beg, on their knees, with hands stretched up to the skies, to differ) but your internet speeds when out and about would be stuck in 2005...

If you like the phone itself and how webOS works, consider selling yours on eBay and getting a German one (from O2 - they're free as in speech and don't need to be unlocked) for use on your T-Mobile GSM waveband.
    In my opinion that would probably be the easiest thing to do as you'd otherwise have to go to some length to unlock a phone that you could then only use in a crippled fashion.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/08/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.