1.    #1  
    So when I go offline (I have an AIM and Gtalk account), not only does the buddy list stay visible, but I'm still getting messages as though I'm signed in!

Basically the only thing that seems to respond to my pushing the "go offline" button is the offline button itself!
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
  2.    #2  
    So I thought deleting the accounts and adding them again might fix it, but now it's just stuck at "removing account." No little status thingy popped up on the bottom like it should when an account is being added/removed/synced.

WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME, MESSENGER!!!!
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Going offline only shows you as offline to the people you talk to. It's not the same as logging out and has nothing to do with getting notifications.

You'll have to use the prefences settings to change that stuff.

And yes, if you keep the app open, your friends list would still show, you can appear as offline and still talk to people. It's just like hiding from those you don't want to talk to.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!