Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So my company is upgrading their Exchange server and in the process also will be changing the server address. It currently is corpmail.company.com and after the upgrade it will be mail.company.com. I went into the account settings for this account and the only thing I can change is the password. I called Sprint tech support and they said that I couldn't do it, that webOS will not let you. So i countered with what if i delete the account and re-add it. The tech rep said that webOS will remember your account and try to use the old server address regardless of what I input. He said the only way to update the address was to do a hard reset and then create a new Palm profile so that the old server address is completely erased. If that's true I would lose ALL my data that's tied in to my current Palm profile. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is this all true? Any workaround that will update the server address and keep my current profile?

~agp
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That doesn't sound real to me. Besides there is little to lose to delete an account and create another. For that matter you can leave the current account alone, and add a new one. The nice thing with Exchange and IMAP is that nothing is stored solely on your phone, it's all synched to the server so deleting an account only takes time, but not data.
    Bummer, wish someone would have told me before we changed servers and I added the new account to my phone and it worked perfectly!!

All I did was leave the old account as-is, created a new exchange account with the new server name. Once that connected and synced properly, I just deleted the old account.

Worked like a charm! (that was before the most recnent WebOS update, though)
    ADVICE: Never take Sprint Tech Support's word on ANYTHING!!! Always double check online!!!

They couldn't even get my Pre activated. I came here, read what the problem was and how to fix it and had to tell the woman on the phone what we needed to do. Surprise, it worked!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The device doesn't remember any settings like that. Just delete the account and readd it using the new settings.

Many of the settings are locked out from being changed for obvious security reasons. Just deleting and readding the account should get you back up and running in no time.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    When this happens within the next week I will delete the old account, add the new account and then sync up. will report any issues.

~agp
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So we finally changed over to the new Exchange server yesterday. Today I tried to add the new account but the Pre told me an account with the same email already existed. so I deleted the old account, waited for it delete all synced data, added the account with new server address, and bam it just finished syncing.

so what's up with this tech guy? he was like even the second tier support and told me i was out of luck. hmmmm its all working as i write this.

AGP