1.    #1  
    I have had a Palm Pre Plus for about 8 months now. Really like the phone. I use it for work, syncs nicely with Exchange server etc (only complaint is voice commands, as in I wish it had it, but I've gotten use to searching though my contacts, anyway) I could use the phone most of the day for calls, replying to emails, lite surfing and playing with the little light saber app thing and still have 20-40% battery at the end of the day. Early this week the speaker system on the phone (both the ear piece and the rear speaker) quit working. I could still use my Bluetooth robotron headset thing and make/receive calls, but no sound would come out of any hole on the phone. It was still under factory warranty and Verizon had a new Pre shipped over night. I followed all of the instructions and swapped batteries, did the profile thing and activated the phone. I then went to the settings and shut off all of the things suggested to save battery power (email set to manual, screen brightness, location services off, use wifi when available, etc) and now, for whatever reason, I lose about a percentage of battery every 5 minutes. I use the touchstone to charge while at home, get to work a little before 8am and by 9am, I am below 75% without using the phone for anything! I made one 3 minute call a few minutes ago and it drained 5% off the battery! Wow, what happened? My old phone with the same battery would go all day, I don't think I'm going to make it to lunch without a charge.

Why would this phone suck the same battery so much faster? Any idea's?

Dondo
    Check the battery with Dr. Battery for wear?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Have not heard of Dr. Battery. Is that an App Store or a Preware thing?
    preware for free.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Dr. Battery says 77% under health with 911mAh capacity instead of manufactures listed 1183mAh. Uses only about 10% every 6 hours if I only make a couple short calls, check email and little else.

Looking to get a new battery. Amazon shows new OEM ones for about $7 but wonder if they are fake knockoffs. Don't really want to pay $25 or so for an extended battery since my existing one isn't that bad. Just would like to get 100% capacity instead of 77% if Dr. Battery is accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Dr. Battery says 77% under health with 911mAh capacity instead of manufactures listed 1183mAh. Uses only about 10% every 6 hours if I only make a couple short calls, check email and little else.

Looking to get a new battery. Amazon shows new OEM ones for about $7 but wonder if they are fake knockoffs. Don't really want to pay $25 or so for an extended battery since my existing one isn't that bad. Just would like to get 100% capacity instead of 77% if Dr. Battery is accurate.
    It's not necessarily the battery since it worked in your first device. It could be something else.
    try to set logging to minimal and see if that helps? Precentral link