1.    #1  
    So I was having Pre issues and I decided to throw my hands up and do an erase of all data and settings. It said erasing and then went to the Palm screen (non-pulsating) and it's just been stuck on that for 10 minutes now...how long is this supposed to take?
    Last edited by ivyleagueschmuck; 10/07/2010 at 01:15 AM.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Just did an erase of mine yesterday to satisfy Palm chat rep - just the Pre, not the USB drive - and it took around 15 minutes, more than twice as long as a regular reset (of course, it didn't fix the problem). What really took a long time was signing into the Palm profile and the restoration - weak signal here and you can't use wifi for the restore. That part took at least another 30 minutes.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    As long as it needs to erase all data files, and stuff on the device. Each individual phone vary.

The boot-up process does take a little time to start pulsate. If it takes longer than say four-five mins, then remove and replace the battery. That should fix the boot-up glitch.
    Mine took 35 minutes once. Just be patient...
  5.    #5  
    yeah i pulled the batt...seems to be working fine now though (fingers crossed)
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm