Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    in short: yes

in long: yeeeeesssssssssss
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    in short: yes

in long: yeeeeesssssssssss
    In short: many thanks!

In long: mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy tttttttthhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaanksss

~Ted
    Is overclocking worth it? Is having a snowball fight with Randy Johnson a bad idea?
    Can't go back after tasting forbidden fruit... (no pun intended).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    we're splitting hairs if we're talking about shaving off a tenth of a second lol
    Hey we need all we can get.

I noticed in your avatar you are a tech of some sort. Do you work is telecom?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6.    #66  
    So, I have a problem, and I'm hoping for some help...
    I have Govnah and UberKernel, I used a basic 500/88Mhz Screenstate, when I rebooted my divice the Profile read unknown and the Frequency was at 1Ghz.
    I really want to get this fixed, and if I need to reinstall, all I want to know is if I must remove the kernel before/after I remove Govnah. I don't want to brick my pre. Please, any advice would be deeply appreciated.
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    If your phone can handle 1.0Ghz, why does it matter?

It's supposed to go back to the setting you had before the restart. Are you sure you had it set at 500/800, and not 500/1Ghz?

Set it where you want and then restart the phone. What happens now?

Trial and error sometimes is the best teacher. UK is very stable so you probably won't mess it up.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    If your phone can handle 1.0Ghz, why does it matter?

It's supposed to go back to the setting you had before the restart. Are you sure you had it set at 500/800, and not 500/1Ghz?

Set it where you want and then restart the phone. What happens now?

Trial and error sometimes is the best teacher. UK is very stable so you probably won't mess it up.
    500/1000 is stable, now? Hm... I might look into it.

But first off, my Screenstate was at 500/800. When I do a Luna Restart, or anything of that form, it remembers my ScreenState.
    However, when I completley shut down my phone, and turn it back on, like I said; my Frequency is read at 1GHz and my Profile is Unknown. This is what worrys me.

What would you do?
    ~Ted

Edit
    I think I've figured it out, it's not a bug, but I think Govnah is setting the frequency to 1GHz because it's a stable build (as you said). Nevertheless, it's a bit overkill for me. Thanks for the info, it helped me conclude.
    Cheers!
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 10/11/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was excited about overclocking and actually enjoyed the faster processing (shocker I know), but for me the battery drain wasn't worth it. My phone spends most of it's day off charger so overclocked 500/800, I was burning 8-10% per hr and running out of phone before I left work at 5. My use is somewhat limited (texting, gmail mostly), but I can't run out of battery that fast. I guess I could buy another charger, but I don't have one at this time.
    i too was hesitant, finally took the plunge and have not regretted it one bit. do it.
    I was hesitant as well, but jumped in with both feet and I'm sure happy I did. My Palm Pre in now living the life it was supposed to. JUST DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT !!!
    I'm standing here holding my Pre Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by stegerman View Post
    I was excited about overclocking and actually enjoyed the faster processing (shocker I know), but for me the battery drain wasn't worth it. My phone spends most of it's day off charger so overclocked 500/800, I was burning 8-10% per hr and running out of phone before I left work at 5. My use is somewhat limited (texting, gmail mostly), but I can't run out of battery that fast. I guess I could buy another charger, but I don't have one at this time.
    overclock to a set speed and you"ll improve your battery life, most likely anyway
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ^^^^^^ Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. ^^^
    Uber Kernel 500/1000 with Govnah is outstanding
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234