Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi! I have made a few Sprint Pre Plus phones and a few Verizon Pre phones with the spare parts. One of the Sprint donor phones that gave up its cell/wifi board (and now has one from a Verizon Pre Plus) has a broken touchscreen.

I have tried plugging in the usb cable and even pushing on the usb port, but no luck. With WebOS Quickinstall, I set it up with the Radio Off patch and Terminal, and made a shell script called s that just runs "shutdown now -h" so I just type:

term<enter>
    s<enter>

to turn the phone off without having to pull out the battery. I mainly plan to use it as a battery charger / spare battery holder and for occasional usb file storage, but I was wondering if any of you have any brilliant ideas of what else I might be able to set up that I could do with only the keyboard, power button, center button, and volume buttons as input.

Thanks!

That shell script btw is:

!#/bin/sh
    shutdown now -h

I created it with vi and then used chmod +x to make it executable. I saved it in /var/home/root, and it runs from there without having to mess with the path or type ./ before the filename.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I added a background that says "Touchscreen is broken. I use this as a battery charger." and has contact info. I had to replace the file /media/internal/.wallpapers/11.jpg as that is the current and default wallpaper. Note the "." before wallpapers.

I also made a script called "l" to restart Luna.
    killall -9 LunaSysMgr

I also installed a patch to hide the quicklaunch bar and one to show the battery rotated with percent.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The battery charger Pre turned itself on in my pocket, so there wasn't much battery left in it when I needed to swap on a recent trip. I have since removed the power button. Otherwise, it is doing its job well.