1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to turn off auto rotate? I occasionally have images that I need to view sideways or upside down.

I normally have to just lay the phone on a table and turn it to the orientation I want, but it would be nice to be able to do it while holding the phone in my hand.
    there is a patch that locks it when you open the slider. try that
    check preware or quickinstall for the "slider blocks orientation change" patch.

that will do as it says, if slider is open you won't have auto rotate.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you much!
    I thought there was a patch that allowed you to like triple tap the gesture area and it'd lock also
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm pretty sure the slider patch only works in the browser, though, right?
    Yes, it is supposed to only work in the browser and when I tried it, it didn't even work for that. A few other people have said the same.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, it is supposed to only work in the browser and when I tried it, it didn't even work for that. A few other people have said the same.
    Add me to that list.

I wish I could just touch and hold the screen or gesture area and that would stop the rotation. Time to do some research and maybe write my first patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Add me to that list.

I wish I could just touch and hold the screen or gesture area and that would stop the rotation. Time to do some research and maybe write my first patch.
    And it is a patch I will gladly test and use!! Hell, I'd pay for it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    check preware or quickinstall for the "slider blocks orientation change" patch.

that will do as it says, if slider is open you won't have auto rotate.
    hi guys, i installed "slider blocks orientation change" from Preware, but the browser still rotate?
    how can i disable it
    i'm using pixi plus
    Between that and tryn to open up my Pre upside down, its like VERTIGO.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    yes, there's a patch that's NOT in preware, that uses triple-tap to control/lock orientation. It's called Keytoss Global Orientation Control by Sam Kim and it's available here:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...n-control.html

Just d/l the .ipk package and install using webosquickinstall.

john_robot: Hum, the Pixi doesn't have a slider ;-) Maybe you could try un_designer's patch instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    yes, there's a patch that's NOT in preware, that uses triple-tap to control/lock orientation. It's called Keytoss Global Orientation Control by Sam Kim and it's available here:

Just d/l the .ipk package and install using webosquickinstall.

i installed this path, but i think its not working.

To initialize the Orientation Manager on any other app, tilt the top of the screen downward (or just turn the screen upside-down), and press the gesture area and the 'o' key on the keyboard. A notification message should appear. Then restart the app.
    i tried it, but no notification message appear.
    and triple-tap in gesture area too, my browser still in auto-rotate-mode
    anyone there?
    palm pixi still cant be disable auto-rotate
    hm i'm not sure about the patch on a pixi. maybe try contacting the author of that patch. he's been MIA for a while, though...