Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    If I bought a Pre Plus off of Ebay, would I be able to do an ESN swap and activate it on Sprint? Just curious.
    Yes!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Is there a way to do it without having to do Advanced Pre Surgery? Like, jusy calling up Sprint and doing an ESN swap over the phone? I'm not really a techie person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenwilly View Post
    If I bought a Pre Plus off of Ebay, would I be able to do an ESN swap and activate it on Sprint? Just curious.
    I think it's possible ~ I've read that if you get a second or third level representative, that they could make it possible. Also, if your skillfull enough you could follow the step by step procedure guide that Jason had posted. Note: I just saw your post about not being a techie person.

Good luck. :-D
    IDK, thought they were on diff. Data systems, so a radio swap was needed. I think someone got a pre or pre+ working on T mobile, but the data was not 3g or something.
    Big Red - CDMA
    Ma Bell - GSM
    T Mobile - GSM
    Sprint - CDMA
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yes!
    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, thought they were on diff. Data systems, so a radio swap was needed. I think someone got a pre or pre+ working on T mobile, but the data was not 3g or something.
    They are the same, but the carriers will not accept each other's phone in order to protect "competition".

So to activate on Sprint a radio swap is required.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here