1.    #1  
    My Verizon Palm Pre plus shut itself off yesterday. Deader than dead. I had to remove the battery to get it to come back to life. When it came back, my webpage bookmarks were gone and I was unable to save a bookmark or view my browsing history.
    I have run WebOS Quick Install and done some minor tweaks through the device manager. I have not installed any homebrew apps or themes.
    I called my cousin who worked for Verizon for a few years and also has the same phone.
    He said to click on epr in WebOS quick install and then do a full erase on the phone and start over. I did this and when I signed into my Palm profile, it downloaded my apps and contacts but did not restore my bookmarks.
    It's wierd b/c I've had to switch phones when my first Pre Plus died on me. When I got the new phone, I signed into my Palm profile and apps, contacts and bookmarks were restored to my new phone.
    I am now able to save bookmarks and view browsing history but why didn't signing into my Palm profile after the full erase restore my bookmarks?
    Also, all my tweeks were restored to my phone after clicking epr and donig the full erase. I thought they'd be gone and I'd have to go back and restore them. Any help for a noob?
    thanks
    Nate
    I'm sorry that I can't offer help to your request, but I had the exact thing happen to me (lost all my bookmarks) on my Palm Pre Plus from Verizon on October 6, as well. Strange, is it a Verizon issue? Something to do with the software updates that popped up on my phone a few days ago?
    Have recently noticed the same issue on my Pre Plus on Verizon. Can't really give an exact date , other than this month, as usually I launch my browser from other apps or searches.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    hello...any updates on this issue, because it just happened to me today with my Sprint Pixi. -sux!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just had my device unlink itself from the profile and wiped it clean (Verizon) Ugh.

Stuff like this just before the "big announcement" sure in the heck doesn't make me want to stay with Palm....
    This just happened to me. Phone didn't shutdown, but bookmarks and history are completely gone. No clue what just happened. (Verizon, Plus)

Update: They came back. I don't remember if I restarted the phone or just the browser, but they're back anyway.
    Last edited by katefields; 02/19/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Did yall have the auto backup on? If the bookmarks were gone when it backuped the phone then they will not restore when your profile is reloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjl95mustang View Post
    Did yall have the auto backup on? If the bookmarks were gone when it backuped the phone then they will not restore when your profile is reloaded.
    My phone (Spring Pre) rebooted itself a few days ago & I noticed the missing bookmarks that nigt or the next day.

I keep auto backup on & didn't think of it at the time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjl95mustang View Post
    When my profile is reloaded will I be able to bookmarks? Will History work? What info will I loose? Txt? Memos? Pics? Downloaded Videos?
    Make sure you have the backup utility on. If it won't fix, then doctor it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I had this happen to me as well (Sprint Pre). However, now I can't make any new bookmarks at all. I go through the steps to make a bookmark but they never get saved. Any advice?