Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    O2 are doing the Palm Pre Plus on PAYG for £179 so anyone looking for one in the UK go grab yourself one!!
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    i havent got a palm device but have been keep tabs and gathering info off this site for a while question is do i get one?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    What does that PAYG (Pay As You GO?) mean? Without contract? Is it SIM locked?
    I'm considering to grab one when I visit London next week, but I have to be sure that it is or can be SIM unlocked easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    What does that PAYG (Pay As You GO?) mean? Without contract? Is it SIM locked?
    I'm considering to grab one when I visit London next week, but I have to be sure that it is or can be SIM unlocked easily.
    Yes, locked. Off contract.
    Nextgen unlockable.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Aha, interesting.

So I should buy it with a prepaid data O2 SIM, to activate it in UK to get full access to app catalog.
    Then I can unlock it from home (Holland) with nextgen unlock and continue to use it with my KPN SIM?

Is that Nextgen reliable. I read somewhere about an unblock code not being usable?

(not next week, but next month it will be)
    Might be a stupid question, but if I get the PAYG PRe Plus, can I just put on o2 contract sim from my current Pre?
    I cant see it listed on the O2 web site and it was only last week when I was asking O2 about buying a Pre Plus from them (I'm on a Pre contract) and they said they didn't sell them off contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by everton86 View Post
    I cant see it listed on the O2 web site and it was only last week when I was asking O2 about buying a Pre Plus from them (I'm on a Pre contract) and they said they didn't sell them off contract.
    I think it may be in store only, last week on facebook they announced the Pixi on PAYG for £109, athough I have not seen the Pre on there yet.

Palm UK - The Palm Pixi Plus has arrived on Pay & Go. Itís available from today in store exclusively from O2 for just £109.99. So you can now get your hands on the incredibly thin and lightweight Palm Pixi Plus and enjoy all the benefits of webOS, without being tied down to a monthly contract. Visit your nearest O2 store to find out more.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I rang my local o2 store today and they said i could have a palm pre plus on PAYG for £179.99
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I bought a Pixi Plus for £109.99 last Saturday after pointing out the big poster on the wall when they told me that it was the only phone you cant buy on PAYG you also get a free back cover via Palm Pixi - Artist Series

They also had the Pre Plus on PAYG for £179.99 on display.

You need to buy a £10 top up with both I believe.
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    i am so tempted to do this. Stuck on a regular pre till a year in december. Might have to!!
    Expansys UK is selling Palm Pre UNLOCKED, or so they say, for £219.90 (Palm Pre WebOS Smartphone (Unlocked, QWERTY, 8GB) #PreEU - eXpansys UK)
    I don't know how they work with Palm appstore.
    Headline story, O2 UK stops selling Pre Plus !!
    O2's excuse for not unlocking phones (I've rang them before) was that it was that no other company in UK was selling it, so they would not unlock their Pre.
    If Expansys is selling it now, O2 no longer have that excuse. I wonder what would they say if I've rang them now.
    I've got mine on ebay and locked on O2. It had been profiled before by first user because his data was still in the phone when I've received it! People are so trusting! Only thing is I don't have an XP computer to use with nextgen (or whatever it is called) so I've bought a rebel sim but I only had a glimpse of 3G action once and now it is stuck on "R" and will never allow me to create a profile. We have to jump through so many hoops if we want a device that, in my opinion, it makes it almost not worth the hassle. It takes away much of the joy of using a device. But this is another story and unrelated to the topic. Sorry, rant over. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wovens View Post
    O2's excuse for not unlocking phones (I've rang them before) was that it was that no other company in UK was selling it, so they would not unlock their Pre.
    I believe their excuse would be that no other carrier, not company, in the UK had the Pre/Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    They sell you the phone unactivated so activate it in the UK/Germany/France/Spain and you're fine.
    Sorry to pump this after all this time. But, now if I got the Pre Unlocked from Expansys, let's say, can I activate it anywhere else other than the mentioned countires?
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/23/2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Clumsy me!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Sorry to pump this after all this time. But, now if I got the Pre Unlocked from Expansys, let's say, can I activate it anywhere else other than the mentioned countires?
    You can BUT you will NOT be able to access paid applications and you probably won't be able to access free applications through the app catalog either. The free part seems to vary by carrier in unofficial countries.

Personally I would activate in an official country for the first time if it is an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Headline story, O2 UK stops selling Pre Plus !!
    Just to clarify, I bought a Pre Plus on Friday 22nd of October for 189.99 (including 10 pound sim card which I didn't want or need, but they made me buy it anyway).