Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or is the option of setting a ringtone to a specific contact not available on the Pre Plus for AT&T?

It's very annoying. I was able to do this on all of my old Palm phones, and cannot find a patch to enable this feature.

If there is a way to do this or a patch available, please let me know! Thanks guys.
    Consider this patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...eferences.html

It gives you all sorts of options for customizing ring tones, notifications, etc...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I searched everywhere in Preware, any idea which one it is? Thanks!
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences - will do it
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimebaby View Post
    I searched everywhere in Preware, any idea which one it is? Thanks!
    The Patch I used for this was SMS Tone per contact v2. Hope this helps.

Good Luck
    Delight
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    why do you need a patch for this?

open contacts, select edit, scroll to ringtone, and add your tone.
    precentral also posted an article a while back on how to set up ringtones.

I have a vzw pre plus, but I can't imagine why att would block this.

perhaps I am misunderstanding your Q?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimebaby View Post
    Is it just me, or is the option of setting a ringtone to a specific contact not available on the Pre Plus for AT&T?

It's very annoying. I was able to do this on all of my old Palm phones, and cannot find a patch to enable this feature.

If there is a way to do this or a patch available, please let me know! Thanks guys.
    This.....is a joke right?? WebOS could do this natively as of 1.4.1. This is a funny thread....right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cobrakon is correct the ringtone per contact has been available as a stock option for a while. The per contact messagetone needs a patch to enable that feature.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I don't know why but for some reason my phone does not have an option to add a ringtone per contact. I had a pre earlier this year and it did have that option so I don't know what the deal is now. I will try the patch SMS per contact v2. Thanks guys!!!
    did you hit the edit button so you are editing the contact ?
    I've had my Pre for a year and this change was with my first OS update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    did you hit the edit button so you are editing the contact ?
    +1
    Just an update in case you didn't find it, If you have the Advance System Preferences patch installed, you do not hit edit at the bottom after selecting the contact. Hit the menu in top left of the screen and go to contact preferences. This will give you the option of setting the ringtone and the messaging tone for each contact.
    I have an ATT Pre Plus, and you don't need any patches. As a previous poster said, go into contacts, Edit, and set a ringtone. Simple. Or go into Help - Add a Ringtone to a Contact.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton