1.    #1  
    I switched out my Pre for a replacement one today. Everything runs beautifully on it, with the only exception that during calls I can barely hear the person on the other side. The audio is so low that I have to use earphones or put it on speaker to hear the person on the other side. I've tried raising the volume via the volume button, in the phone preferences, and the system sound settings, to no avail. It seems like the volume is already maxed out.

Anyone ever come across this problem before? Is there some patch on Preware I have yet to stumble upon that lets you raise the maximum volume even more? Do I simply have a faulty earpiece and proceed to replace my Pre yet again?

Thanks.
    It does sound like a problem with the speaker...
  3.    #3  
    Alright, thanks.

Any other suggestion before making a trip to the Sprint store tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Alright, thanks.

I have the same problem and I went to the Sprint store and they said "it is what it is". There is no way to increase the "ear volume" .

Let us know what you find out...
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Alright, thanks.

during a call, check the volume setting by pressing "up" to see if it is all the way up. The ringer volume and call volume are the same setting, so turning the ringer down means the call volume will be lower on the call.

I'm sorry if that sounds obvious, but the reverse is also true that if you turn the sound down during the call the ringer will be quiet (or even off completely). I missed calls until I figured that out.

but it sounds like you have a speaker problem, because I find the call volume to be as good as it was on my Centro or Treo.
  6.    #6  
    I've had quite a few Pres, so I know that the call volume is usually higher. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that all the volume settings are maxed out.

I should be able to bypass Sprint because I actually didn't get this phone from them; I got it from Asurion because Sprint refused to replace the last one thanks to a tiny piece that had broken off the shoddy plastic frame (I can bash the phone as I'm a proud owner of one ), thus invalidating the protection plan. Last time I took in an Asurion'd phone, Sprint said that any problem would have been covered by Asurion themselves, who I plan to call later today.