Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    could someone please give me all the stuff i need step by step to put the internalz app on my palm pre. I just got this phone yesterday and have not downloaded a single thing, I've been on this thread for 3 hours trying to figure out how to do this I even watched a few step by step videos, Still no clue. Please help, thanks
    Make sure to read the whole page, but download the exe stand-alone installer and it'll install Preware, then simply open Preware (your one stop shop for Patches/Themes/Homebrew), search for Internalz, download and you should be set.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  3.    #3  
    where do i go for the exe stand alone installer?

nevermind stupid question sorry lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch123 View Post
    where do i go for the exe stand alone installer?
    From here: Index of /
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #5  
    it says i need to install novacom
    it says i need to install novacom
    Read the rest of that section, namely:

Put your device into Developer Mode.
    Windows users: When connecting your device to the computer for the first time, you will be prompted to install new hardware. Click Next to start the device installation. You may get a message regarding Novacom drivers not being installed. If so, you can disregard it. Once your device is installed, proceed with the Preware installation.

Followed by:

Download the Preware Standalone Installer and place it in the same directory as the webOS Doctor .jar file.
    Run the Preware Installer.
    Click on the Tools menu and choose Install Drivers. This will install the Palm Novacom drivers for webOS devices.

(It's in a nicer format if you just continue reading that wiki page)
  7.    #7  
    how do i put it into developer mode. sorry for all the question
    In that section if you click the link on Developer Mode it'll take you here:
    Getting started - WebOS Internals

Which tells you you much type in (just on the home screen)
    webos20090606
    tap the app
    and set the tab to On.

Honestly all the information you need is placed as conveniently as possible on the Wiki, if you've already spent 3 hours take 10 minutes more and read through this stuff so you know what your getting yourself into.
    From the home screen, type webos20090606

The Developer Mode icon will pop up. Tap it to open the app. Tap the switch to 'On' and your phone will reboot. Once itis finished rebooting, you will be in Developer Mode.
  10.    #10  
    still wont work
    the op needs to do a BUNCH of reading before jumping in. Just to make sure he has the whole picture. It's pretty easy once you get started. Some pre-reading will make it less frustration.
  12.    #12  
    well it goes to do the navacom when i plug it into my computer but everytime it says it failed and wont let me do anything
    still wont work
    Well i'm not sure where your stuck but go back to:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Read that entire page, then when you're done follow the steps under the stand-alone installer step-by-step.

Then Preware should be installed, an app which will give you access to Internalz.

At very least you should be able to understand what exactly isn't working for you and express it so that we can provide help beyond what the wiki page could.

Good luck.
    still wont work
    Did you download the appropriate WebOS Doctor and place it in the same folder as the Preware Installer?
  15.    #15  
    i got the phone yesterday and have not done anything with it have not downloaded anything so i have no clue what to do
    i got the phone yesterday and have not done anything with it have not downloaded anything so i have no clue what to do
    step 1. Read as suggested above. You will be glad you did.
    At the risk of being repetitive. You need to do a bit of reading, comprehending and following instructions. Start with the previous posts in this thread.

EDIT: Definitely repetitive now, after Workerb33's simultaneous post above.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/05/2010 at 07:36 PM.
    internalz may not be the best choice for first download
    good luck!!!
  19.    #19  
    ok i have it figured but now when i go to download internalz it cant find my device?
    ok i have it figured but now when i go to download internalz it cant find my device?
    Are you in Developer Mode?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast