1.    #1  
    is there a way to take off sprint apps on a palm pre?
    Nope....but you can hide the Launcher Icons for the programs in question with Internalz.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ight=Internalz

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-launcher.html

Or...install Preware and search for "hide"....many options there as well.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/05/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Why not just move them so the are at the bottom of the apps so that you don't have them right where you want other apps to be.

I personally use most of my Sprint apps
    It has been said you can use the palm uninstall method to remove them. (Not tried it myself).

If you were wanting to do this then you would enter a command line (eg Terminal, or wosqi commandline)
    and type
    palm -r install appid
    (u need to find the id)

One issue that has been raised is yhat by doing this, there is a possibility that the pre might try to auto-update because it doesnt recognise the os, though I don't know how many have actually had that issue.

Pip
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Why not just move them so the are at the bottom of the apps so that you don't have them right where you want other apps to be.

I personally use most of my Sprint apps
    I don't use them, so they're on the second launcher page down at the bottom. Now, if Sprint had an NHL app rather than an NFL one, I'd have that front and center!
    if you install the advanced launcher config. patch it has a simple gesture + tap the app icon and select hide . waa laa done no more sprint app !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Go to Preware > then available packages > then patches, then all.. You can either type in the word Hide from the opening scene of preware, or search for the specific patch that you're looking for. :-)
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/06/2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: more accurate instruction.
    there exists some patches (through preware) that you can install to hide some of the launcher icons. the patches go by the following names:

hide amazon mp3 app
    hide musicplayer app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I don't use them, so they're on the second launcher page down at the bottom. Now, if Sprint had an NHL app rather than an NFL one, I'd have that front and center!
    Oh so would I!

I see your an Islander's fan.

Dallas Stars and Phoenix Coyotes fan here (I have a miniseason ticket package to the 'yotes).
    There's a patch for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Preware > available applications > type the word hide, and find the apps you want to hide. :-)
    This isn't quite right. You can search for "hide" right from the opening scene in Preware. There is no "available applications" option there. Of course, hiding a built-in app would be a patch, not an application anyway.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This is a newbie question and sorry if I'm in the wrong thread to ask...but what is preware? And has anyone had any trouble AT ALL when doing the homebrew thin?
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisalittle View Post
    This is a newbie question and sorry if I'm in the wrong thread to ask...but what is preware? And has anyone had any trouble AT ALL when doing the homebrew thin?
    Hi curtisalittle,

Not a problem... To answer your question the best, read the following thread. All of your questions will be answered there about Preware, WOSQI, and Homebrew.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html

To answer your second question... the great thing about Homebrew is that you really can't 'brick' your device. If you ever mess something up (which is hard to do) you can always run an app called the "Doctor" and revert your device back to fresh settings. Homebrew is awesome and addicting because it brings so many more features and options to your device. Read up on the thread above and then take a look at the other threads we've put together for new users in our Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum.

After reading those threads... feel free to ask any questions you still may have! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    This isn't quite right. You can search for "hide" right from the opening scene in Preware. There is no "available applications" option there. Of course, hiding a built-in app would be a patch, not an application anyway.
    I have made correction to my post.. Thank you all. :-D