Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I had used the kernel on my older Pre and I did love it. I purchased a new Pre and I am unsure if I want to overclock the new Pre or not. I have heard that it will void the equipment replacement warranty. Has anyone had that issue? I am curious to hear your thoughts.
    do it.
    kernel.....unless you want a slow & unresponsive phone with TMC errors.
    Don't do it. Slow & unresponsive phones with TMC errors are totally under-rated.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Given all the safeguards built into OC kernels released by webOS Internals I don't see why not.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    (1) Overclock or not just make sure you have insurance. (2) If your phone is damage to an inoperable state cause by you, with or without an overclock kernal you still have to pay the insurance deductible. So I'd say...what the heck > it's a win/win ~ lose/lose situation. :-D
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/05/2010 at 05:02 PM.
    " to kernel " will always win ! Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Go for it!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    (1) Overclock or not just make sure you have insurance. (2) If you're phone is damage by to an inoperable state cause by you, with or without an overclock kernal you still have to pay the insurance deductible. So I'd say...what the heck > it's a win/win ~ lose/lose situation. :-D
    what? you can't add insurance on an existing phone. and there hasn't been an instance of anyone bricking their phone by overclocking.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    kernel.....unless you want a slow & unresponsive phone with TMC errors.
    I forgot how much the TMC errors bug me. I am getting a fresh dose of that quickly.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what? you can't add insurance on an existing phone. and there hasn't been an instance of anyone bricking their phone by overclocking.
    I haven't but that is the reason why I created this thread. I want to see if there is an instance. I am definitely leaning to overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Once again - you totally missing the point. Read it again...this time slowly. ž
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My head hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    My head hurts.
    come over to the lounge.. A place of safety for now. :-)
    I have a Palm Pre Plus so I have never had the TMC error and I am also happy with the speed of my phone, so I elected not to overclock. Why put yourself at risk when you don’t need to?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    do it,i thought like you at one time,,but once I did it ,i was very happy I did.
    not-yet-pre I made a thread regarding How Has Overclocking Affected You and Your Pre...or something like that, with a poll, totally designed for people to show whether or not it was a good thing, or it melted your phone. I think with UK1.4.5-113, it is a fairly stable kernel with built in safeguards, thus it was released out of testing and into public feeds. I can't say the same for others such as the SR71 but I'm almost 100% positive, not one person reported any negative feedback, in fact, I think the worst thing anyone had to say on the issue was that they couldn't tell the difference whether or not they were overclocked.

HERE is a quick link to that poll.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus so I have never had the TMC error and I am also happy with the speed of my phone, so I elected not to overclock. Why put yourself at risk when you don’t need to?
    The overclock really does make a huge difference in responsiveness. It'll feel like a whole new phone.

There's nothing wrong with playing it safe though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Uberkernel for sure! It's like 2 different phones.
    Without=slow, laggy,a drudgery to use.
    With=a speed demon on par with the current rash of 1 ghz phone being released.

Is there really any question?
    If you overclock and then the phone say breaks and you have to bring it in is but you reset the phone back to the original speed is there anything telling them you overclocked it? How could they tell unless the phone melted? lol. Just curious if anyone knows this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast