Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by forcedlogic View Post
    If you overclock and then the phone say breaks and you have to bring it in is but you reset the phone back to the original speed is there anything telling them you overclocked it? How could they tell unless the phone melted? lol. Just curious if anyone knows this.
    Our phones send logs to Palm frequently. They would be able to tell if we're overclocking if they went through them. There have been no reports of voided warranties though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    not-yet-pre I made a thread regarding How Has Overclocking Affected You and Your Pre...or something like that, with a poll, totally designed for people to show whether or not it was a good thing, or it melted your phone. I think with UK1.4.5-113, it is a fairly stable kernel with built in safeguards, thus it was released out of testing and into public feeds. I can't say the same for others such as the SR71 but I'm almost 100% positive, not one person reported any negative feedback, in fact, I think the worst thing anyone had to say on the issue was that they couldn't tell the difference whether or not they were overclocked.

HERE is a quick link to that poll.
    Thanks for that. That is very interesting.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Our phones send logs to Palm frequently. They would be able to tell if we're overclocking if they went through them. There have been no reports of voided warranties though.
    That is VERY important to me. If there hasn't been reports, I'm pretty much on board.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12