1.    #1  
    Okay thanks to the miracle of eBay I now am the proud owner of a Palm Pre Plus on AT&T. Great complement to my iPhone

Now some days I just feel like iPhoneing it, other days I want to Pre it. However it seems AT&T has somehow managed to make its DataPro 2GB plan for the iPhone and the one for other smartphones be incompatible with each other. When I was officially on the Pre, the iPhone wouldn't connect to the Internet.

I am guessing/hoping that this is some issue with the iPhone having a separate APN compared to regular smartphones (this was the case with Vodafone India). If this is the case, is it best to:

-Put myself on regular DataPro and hack the iPhone's APN

or

-Put myself on iPhone DataPro and hack the Pre's APN
    are you saying you can't connect via wifi or 3g?
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I'm confused as to what is happening. You're saying when you are using the Pre, the iPhone won't connect to the internet?

If your sim card is not in your iPhone, then obviously you won't be able to connect to AT&T's network. Wifi should still work though.

Please clarify as I'm about to get an AT&T Pre + and also use an iPhone.
    iphones usually require special provisioning by the carriers and often they have special apn's for that reason. You're probably right that this is how AT&T deals with it also. Good luck with the workaround.
    I guess it is an AT&T thing, in Canada the distinction is usually between BlackBerry and everything else, only because of the BlackBerry BIS.

Back on Fido I switched between my Nokia and an iPhone once, data worked just fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I swap my sim from my centro to my pre, no trouble.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I swap my iphone sim around all the time. iphone uses the regular wap.cingular apn. the provisioning is for visual voicemail which will get ignored by a non-iphone phone
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyleagueschmuck View Post
    Okay thanks to the miracle of eBay I now am the proud owner of a Palm Pre Plus on AT&T. Great complement to my iPhone

Now some days I just feel like iPhoneing it, other days I want to Pre it. However it seems AT&T has somehow managed to make its DataPro 2GB plan for the iPhone and the one for other smartphones be incompatible with each other. When I was officially on the Pre, the iPhone wouldn't connect to the Internet.

I am guessing/hoping that this is some issue with the iPhone having a separate APN compared to regular smartphones (this was the case with Vodafone India). If this is the case, is it best to:

-Put myself on regular DataPro and hack the iPhone's APN

or

-Put myself on iPhone DataPro and hack the Pre's APN
    I had an iphone, my girlfriend had a pre plus, both on AT&T. She and I swapped phones because we both liked the other one's phone better. I had no trouble using the iphone's sim card in the pre for full functionality, and for about a day the iphone worked great with the pre sim, but after that day, the iphone stopped using data. I had to call in and have a specific iphone data plan put on there and that fixed it. This was about 3 weeks ago.