1.    #1  
    Many aspects of the Pre's hardware have improved between its introduction 20,000 years ago (in tech years ) and its most recent incarnation on AT&T, but one thing that has remained stubbornly terrible is the flimsy little USB port cover.

I mean seriously, it doesn't even fit in! I figure by now there has to be a solution...such as:

-Some enterprising individual has started making little rubber/silicone caps that fit better; yank out the plastic one and put in a superior one designed to fit and fit smooth with the case

-Someone has figured out how to best cut/file down some part of the current USB cover to make it fit better

-None of the above, the only solution people have is to rip it out.

O Wise P|C Community, Enlighten me!!
    Mine is almost too tight (2nd phone). First one lasted until right before I had to have the phone replaced.
    Get rid of it!

Pretty much every other phone out there doesn't use a door. There is no need for it other than "looks."

Put the USB port on the bottom of the phone and leave it uncovered already...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Get rid of it!

Pretty much every other phone out there doesn't use a door. There is no need for it other than "looks."

Have you done this? Has it filled with dirt or any other nasties?

Can I fashion a plug out of play-doh or something?
    Many people have had it come off and had no problems with it. You can always use a bit of canned air to remove any dirt.
    Get rid of it!

I agree. Did the same to my Pixi cause that one was better than the Pre but still junk. After just 5 days I completely hate the one on the Pre.
    Every other phone I've had has always had the port open and I've never had an issue with it being dirty. I use a holster for the pre and I don't think it would get ditry.

Think iPod/iPhone with the connector on the bottom. I would much prefer to be able to dock it, then have the power cord hanging out the side of the phone.
    Retractable door. Or at least something like a spring hinged cover that snaps back closed when you're done using it.
  9.    #9  
    I would much prefer to be able to dock it, then have the power cord hanging out the side of the phone.
    But why dock when you can TOUCHSTONE it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Retractable door. Or at least something like a spring hinged cover that snaps back closed when you're done using it.
    I.e. Pixi's door, flexible flap with magnet/piece of metal combo. Problems, piece of metal falls off and/or door becomes warped. Good idea but just does not stand the test of time. Making a visually appealing port with no cover is still the best way, preferably on the bottom.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Samsung Galaxy phones have it. Great hardware. Shame about that sad excuse for an OS they have on it