1.    #1  
    Does Palm have an application that pull corporate OWA email, calendar, contrats into an application like Touchdown 2.0 for droid.

My company doesn't offer exchange support for the PRE so I need an alternative way to retrieve the information.
    Last edited by jdgreger; 10/05/2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: thx
    No...this is not supported
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgreger View Post
    Does Palm have an application that pull corporate OWA email, calendar, contrats into an application like Touchdown 2.0 for droid.

My company doesn't offer exchange support for the PRE so I need an alternative way to retrieve the information.
    do they support iPhones for exchange access? if they do you can use the same method on your Pre. that's what finally worked for me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    do they support iPhones for exchange access? if they do you can use the same method on your Pre. that's what finally worked for me.
    Yes, they do support Iphone...What was your methodology that worked?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    My company doesn't offer any particular support for any mobile platform, but I just put in the OWA address and email / password (I had to manually configure the email) and the Pre grabbed my inbox, calendar, contacts, etc. way better than my old Blackberry Curve ever dreamed of. It's about a 50-50 shot on whether my Outlook or my pre alerts first on a new e-mail.

Unless they specifically block something, I'm not sure why the default tools wouldn't work for you.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's worth a try, but as an Exchange Admin myself, i can tell you that whether this will work or not is dependent on a number of factors....including how EAS security is administered.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It's worth a try, but as an Exchange Admin myself, i can tell you that whether this will work or not is dependent on a number of factors....including how EAS security is administered.
    Yeah...the server address is the same for windows and iphone phones.

mail.company.com

so there is no work around?
    Yeah...the server address is the same for windows and iphone phones.

mail.company.com

so there is no work around?
    Hard to say. Does your company deny mobile connections based on MAC address? Does EAS need to be manually activated for your user account? Is there additional factors at play?

If you try the iPhone setup config what error message to you get?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Hard to say. Does your company deny mobile connections based on MAC address? Does EAS need to be manually activated for your user account? Is there additional factors at play?

If you try the iPhone setup config what error message to you get?
    What is the iphone setup config?

Nevertherthless, they said they will stop email push's next week, so does that have to be officially terminated before I can start these alternative work arounds?
    What is the iphone setup config?

Nevertherthless, they said they will stop email push's next week, so does that have to be officially terminated before I can start these alternative work arounds?
    The iPhone config is the unique iPhone EAS config for your company...I don't know it.

If your company is turning off EAS then you might be out of luck....unless perhaps they are going to support IMAP or POP. You need to talk to your IT group.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic