1.    #1  
    I just got a palm pre today and I added my google talk account and my yahoo messenger account. When I go to the buddies tab under Messaging and make myself Available I only see my google talk contacts. How do I get my Yahoo contacts to show up as well?
  2.    #2  
    Are you serious? Why is that?
    Actually, ProParkour is incorrect. Yahoo Messenger is definitely supported. Just open up your chat, go to preferences, and add a new account (Yahoo icon will show). I don't think your chat list will transfer to your device though. The only contacts that will show are those that you have in your contacts list. Try adding a contact and email in your contact list and see if it shows for Yahoo. I haven't used that messenger service in a while, so I'm not positive about the contacts area for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Actually, ProParkour is incorrect. Yahoo Messenger is definitely supported. Just open up your chat, go to preferences, and add a new account (Yahoo icon will show). I don't think your chat list will transfer to your device though. The only contacts that will show are those that you have in your contacts list. Try adding a contact and email in your contact list and see if it shows for Yahoo. I haven't used that messenger service in a while, so I'm not positive about the contacts area for it.
    Seriously? Yahoo Messenger is supported in Chat? I only see Google Talk and AIM. It's something I would love to use, so if it's supported in some way, please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    Seriously? Yahoo Messenger is supported in Chat? I only see Google Talk and AIM. It's something I would love to use, so if it's supported in some way, please help!
    Yes yahoo messenger I believe is supported in chat. :-D It can be added just like your yahoo mail account.
    I have VZW and it doesn't have yahoo instant messaging. I have the app Agile Messenger and works good for me.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Thought I might be going crazy. Will try out Agile Messenger. Had avoided it before due to bad reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    Thought I might be going crazy. Will try out Agile Messenger. Had avoided it before due to bad reviews.
    I tried Mundi even though it doesn't have good reviews either and it worked. When Agile came out I got it and I like it much better. I use it for basic chatting on yahoo with a few friends (I'm not a power user by any means) but it works great for my needs. I also found I can send photos and videos through it too so its good for me.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I have VZW and it doesn't have yahoo instant messaging. I have the app Agile Messenger and works good for me.
    I guess only Sprint Pre got YM in US. I am not sure about the other international versions.
    Thanks Jolie.... Must be another carrier-specific item. The Sprint Pre versions show the Yahoo Msgr option available. I guess Vzw doesn't support this. Thanks for the tip on Agile Messenger!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks Jolie.... Must be another carrier-specific item. The Sprint Pre versions show the Yahoo Msgr option available. I guess Vzw doesn't support this. Thanks for the tip on Agile Messenger!
    You're welcome. I don't understand why VZW doesn't have the Yahoo Messenger, I have my Yahoo email on there. I'm chalking it up to the same silliness like the GPS issue. But it won't keep me from lovin' my Pre when there are ways around it. It's definitely not a deal breaker for me. I'd choose the Pre over anything else.
    Jolie

I have definitely NO Yahoo-messenger support on my O2-germany device. I can add yahoo calendar and even contacts, but messenger is not avail here.
    Sad situation in EU that hopefully will change in webOS2.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    No Yahoo IM support for AT&T either.

I do use Mundu though. Pretty happy with it!

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    I have sprint pre and yahoo is supported although it does not always sign in properly.it is one of my accounts in my mesg app,along with aol,and google
    Does anyone know if you should be able to use Yahoo IM account while on wifi alone? I can use my Yahoo IM account on my laptop, and figured the Pre should be able to use wifi to connect and use Yahoo IM account via wifi worldwide.

I can't get my Yahoo IM account to sign-in while on wifi at home.