Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was camping this weekend, and to save battery I shut down my phone at night. Both nights I shut down with about 50% battery left. Both times, however, when I woke the next morning and powered up my phone, it showed 5% remaining! Does this phone eat battery even when it's not even turned on???
    bad battery? I have not clue if you had it off. How about taking the battery out when you do that and see if the battery drains when not in phone.
  3.    #3  
    The battery drain during the day seems in line /w what others here report. Maybe I'll try taking the battery out tonite and see what happens.
    See I have days where mine seems to drain fast and days where I know I'm on it so much it should be draining and it doesn't.
    batteries will drain when powered off, especially if you leave them in the device. however, that should only be a couple % per day. something else is wrong here. you weren't really off, the battery is defective, a camper "borrowed" your phone while you were sleeping, etc.

You should try it again over the next few evenings so see if it's repeatable. and see if you can get the carrier to replace your battery.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    See I have days where mine seems to drain fast and days where I know I'm on it so much it should be draining and it doesn't.
    Mine does the same thing also. I thought it may have been my imagination. I'm glad I'm not imagining things with my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I was camping this weekend, and to save battery I shut down my phone at night. Both nights I shut down with about 50% battery left. Both times, however, when I woke the next morning and powered up my phone, it showed 5% remaining! Does this phone eat battery even when it's not even turned on???
    That seem like the normal drain I have when my phone is not active, but not turn off..during the night. However, if the phone is off then it's obvious that your batt isn't keeping its charge. You might wanna check out Dr. Battery. http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...r-battery.html, or replace the battery.

:-)
    no...this happened to me too. My battery pretty much went from 85 to 0 while it was off...Sad
    It's happened to me, too. Phone had around 60% when I went to sleep, powered down device completely, woke up to a dead battery. My theory is that these CPUs are weak/bad as I can't scale mine down below 500mhz, so it's possible they may keep running even when supposedly powered down. Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    It's happened to me, too. Phone had around 60% when I went to sleep, powered down device completely, woke up to a dead battery. My theory is that these CPUs are weak/bad as I can't scale mine down below 500mhz, so it's possible they may keep running even when supposedly powered down. Just a guess.
    You could be right. It's very annoying though. I mean, I did turn off the phone for a reason.
    With solid state devices there is no real off switch. Power still runs through the phone. Just like new PCs, you think you turn it off but you still see a light on inside it.

If you want to save battery, pull it out.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    With solid state devices there is no real off switch. Power still runs through the phone. Just like new PCs, you think you turn it off but you still see a light on inside it.

If you want to save battery, pull it out.
    Whaoo...But my laptop doesn't lose loads of battery life while it's off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Whaoo...But my laptop doesn't lose loads of battery life while it's off.
    Uh, not that you notice cuz it's a big whopping battery.

I know my laptops will lose a noticeable charge if I leave it off for a day.
    Live free or DIE!
    see if it drains at the same rate in airplane mode.
    I can confirm battery drain when off. From my laptop to my pre to both my pixi's. Just do a battery pull if it's that much of an issue.
    Six out of ten times battery drain is usually cause by a defective batt cells.
    jeez I'm talking new batteries!
  18.    #18  
    So, from what I'm reading, it makes more sense to go into airplane mode than turn the phone OFF? That makes no sense.
    no, I don't think that would be better. It would just give you something to compare to fully powered off and battery pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    So, from what I'm reading, it makes more sense to go into airplane mode than turn the phone OFF? That makes no sense.
    No, it doesn't make sense. The phone should not drain the battery at a higher rate when it's off (standby mode), yes there is still current draw but it should be much less than when the phone is on.

You may just have a bad battery. The first thing I would do would be to download the Dr. Battery app and then check the health and possibly calibrate it.

You can get more info from the Dr. Battery thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast