Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unixpsycho,

With sr71-111 installed i am noticing huge battery drain in airplane mode. Last night it lost 28% from when i went to bed from when i woke up 7 hours later. I am uninstalling 111 and moving back to sr71-92 to see if that fixes it as 92 never lost more than 1 or 2 percentage points when in airplane mode overnight.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
    Last edited by delete2end; 10/06/2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    Unixpsycho,

With sr71-111 installed i am noticing huge battery drain in airplane mode. Last night it lost 28% from when i went to bed from when i woke up 7 hours later. I am uninstalling 111 and moving back to sr71-92 to see if that fixes it as 92 never lost more than 1 or 2 percentage points when in airplane mode overnight.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?
    I was unable to drop back down to sr71-92 as i got an error message saying that it was not compatible with 1.4.5

so i dropped down to the latest uberkernel and the problem went away. then i went back to sr71-111 and had the same battery drain issue when the phone was on or in airplane mode.

Guess i just will stick with Uber-113
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I had a similar issue, but with a twist.

-When I leave my Pre+ off overnight, I see little to no battery drain (a good thing)
    -The other night, I powered it off at approx. 50% charge and I put it on my Touchstone (the tStone was an afterthought / I figured I could top-off the battery). I woke up to find I had 20% left. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the TStone discharges the Pre when it's powered-off???
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I've had a large battery drain occur when shutdown, but it's only happened when I am on flights. Today was another example.

I boarded early this morning on my first flight, and prior to boarding I shut the phone down. I was around 95% battery level.

3.5 hours later, I landed, and pulled my Pre out. It felt hot, and I powered it up with the "on" button. After power up, I was down to 62%.

Any other time I shut the phone down, it is fine later (not hot and battery is about the same level as at shutdown). But flying seems to do something, as if it's trying to find a signal even though it's off.

For my second flight leg today, I pulled the battery. My power level was about the same when I landed and reinserted the battery and restarted it.

Clearly, off isn't off, and the phone is trying to communicate somehow even when off.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123