1.    #1  
    I am noob here and I tried to search but couldn't find much about it.

Are there cheaper and better options than the ATT navigator which hoses you $10/mnth?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    No.

Navit is cheaper ($0) but doesn't work nearly as well because the interface is just too crude.
    i use a Garmin Nuvi. Not a fan of using my phone as a gps for driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceNC View Post
    No.

Navit is cheaper ($0) but doesn't work nearly as well because the interface is just too crude.
    Nearly as well as what? VZNav? Navit is a work in progress but the best thing about it is that the maps are resident so you don't have to have a data connection, just gps fix, for it to work.
    Loves my Sprint GPS...la la la la la ... and it's free with my Everything Data plan...oh yeah that's even a cheap plan... la la la la

Sorry I can't help ya with the Pre Plus cuz it's not on my company.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgnos View Post
    Nearly as well as what? VZNav? Navit is a work in progress but the best thing about it is that the maps are resident so you don't have to have a data connection, just gps fix, for it to work.
    Looking up a specific address with Navit is akin to gouging one's eyes out with an ice cream cone. There is nothing easy or good about looking up an address to drive or walk to. I understand it's a work in progress, but it's not even close to being a replacement for the GPS that most of us are used to using.

I use VZ Navigator and I find that works extremely well. It provides features my standalone GPS does not provide (street names spoken, maps constantly updated), thus there is some value to the $10/month charge. I may change my mind later, but for now I am happy with the service.

And I don't mind needing a data connection since Verizon's kind enough to provide one virtually everywhere I go.