1.    #1  
    I got a new pre send to me, and I signed into my profile on the new pre, before deleting my old one. I want to delete my data, apps, and patches before sending it back to bell, but can't get to the restore app since i'm logged out, and webos doctor won't recognize my device for some reason. I can't log in, cause my new pre is activated. I really need to delete my personal data, and remove the overclock before sending it back.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks in advance.
    all you should have to do is open device info app and then scroll to bottom and hit the reset options. then scroll to the bottom to do a full erase.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    did you get that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Webos doctor wouldn't be able to accomplish all that. Your best bet is to do as shadavis08 suggested.

good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all you should have to do is open device info app and then scroll to bottom and hit the reset options. then scroll to the bottom to do a full erase.
    I can't.. I'm logged out of my palm profile. It won't let me log-in, since my phone is no longer connected to bell..
    Not sure if this will work on an unactivated phone (it should), but try putting your device into Recovery mode by unplugging, pulling the battery, holding the Volume UP key while replacing the battery. When you see the large USB icon on the screen, plug your device into the computer. You should be able to access the USB partition and delete any files from there. If you have a 'wipe' app, you can run it on that partition also. Unless you run the MetaDoctor, you won't be able to do anything about the apps or patches. I wouldn't worry about those anyway... the apps are tied into your profile (they will disappear when a new profile is used), and the patches will not work after a new profile is used either since the device will have to be reset then. The only thing you have to worry about is if you have sensitive info or pics on the device. Other than that, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/03/2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I can't.. I'm logged out of my palm profile. It won't let me log-in, since my phone is no longer connected to bell..
    I don't know how that is possible now. The phone is not activated..right? If you can't see anything then no one else can. Don't worry about the installed kernal > the phone isn't activated. :-D

cheers.