1.    #1  
    i am having trouble rooting my pre i have webos 1.0.3 and i cannot root everytime i get to putty i type localhost and force everything off and use port8023 and it acts like it does but evryting goes away i need to root the pre can anyone help
    You should really update to a newer version of webOS. We're up to 1.4.5 now.

What are you trying to accomplish by rooting?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Update to 1.4.5 ( doctor or OTA).
    Then you can install the palm sdk from developer.palm.com and access commandline.

Pip
    Find your phone version here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Start by doctoring to the latest update.

cheers.
    WHUT they said^^^^^^^^^^

It sounds like you dont have the latest java! or the novacom drivers are not installed correctly, Are you in dev mode.

Whether or not you are up to date w/ your firmware really has nothing to do w/ the issue you are having. Ive been hacking into my Pre since 1.0.3
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Perhaps OP is using a custom (cricket) rom.
    ^^^^^^^^ What makes you think that ^^^^^^^^^^

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Perhaps OP is using a custom (cricket) rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ What makes you think that ^^^^^^^^^^
    Well, I know that there used to be a 1.03 Cricket rom. I think the newest one is 1.3.1 though. It's possible the OP never got it reflashed with a newer version.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well, I know that there used to be a 1.03 Cricket rom. I think the newest one is 1.3.1 though. It's possible the OP never got it reflashed with a newer version.
    OP's vanished. We'll never know!
  10.    #10  
    sorry i dissapeared but i am in dev mode and hit charge only and then click on putty and type localhost and the port number and then force everything off and hit enter and goes to the putty screen and then the cmd putty screen goes away after i enter everything and tried it again and does the same thing tried turning the phone off and still does it idk wat to do idk wat would cause the putty window to go away
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    sounds like you dont have java installed correctly to me.

open command prompt in windows and type.

java -version

If it outputs a version java is installed correctly if not you need to reinstall java.

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    ok i will try that
  14.    #14  
    it says java 1.6