1.    #1  
    anyone got any kind of tether hotspotting working on an o2 UK pre?

If so, please could you print details?

Much obliged
    What you need is MyTether (works on O2 UK Pre). More info: My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
  3.    #3  
    went with mytether, thanks guys, nice one
    Mobile Hotspot is made by Palm and has nothing to do with Verizon - V is just the only carrier in the colonies that allows its customers to use their data plan the way they choose. Everyone else is being held down by their carrier forcing them to pay through the nose for no good reason at all, and nobody really fights it. Land of the free, home of the brave, indeed.

Here in Germany, O2 allows us to use Mobile Hotspot. Maybe the same is true in the UK? I'd rather take the official solution written by Palm than MyTether in that case (although I'm sure it's a nifty app).
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    GodShapedHole, settle down dude!
    The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon
    That bit of information is patently right, and then patently wrong. It IS Palm software, but is NOT only authorized for distribution by Verizon - like I said, O2 Germany officially offers it to its customers as well.
    This is not a matter of downloading it from a shady warez site, this is a matter of going to your App catalog and installing it for free.

Having no idea how Telefónica works on the inside, I have no idea whether the british O2 is as cool as ze german one, but it sure is worth a try. "Innit".
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I have no idea whether the british O2 is as cool as ze german one, but it sure is worth a try. "Innit".
    Sadly UK O2 and not so cool

MyTether works fine though, the unofficial install of MHS disables the ON switch on UK Pres. There are probably ways round that but I find MyTether fine for the rare occasions I need to tether.
    It's something in the device, it never gets as far as trying to send any data over the network. As I say, I dare say someone has worked out a patch or something and the network are happy enough with tethered data as MyTether shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Iz, but no need to bite my head of!
    Didn't mean to bite your head off, sorry if my 'tone' seemed aggressive wasn't meant like that at all... guess it's "one of those days" today.